Search

Chances my 7442 gets TG'd to a 7443?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Chances my 7442 gets TG'd to a 7443?

Going BKK to SYD on Jan. 30th. I think pretty much every other day is a 7443, but for some reason this flight is the all series. Dreading 9+ hours in 2-2 seating in F. Any chance I will get TG'd in a good way? Also, on the all series, are loads on this route generally light enough that no one is next to you? Having a seat mate in F is pretty budget.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
No one can possibly say because the 747 rotation on SYD hasn't even started yet.

As for loads, the route is used to having 2 x 8F seats per day...and typically a fair few of them are empty. On your day it will have 24 F seats.

Fair chance you will have a seat and a bed to yourself assuming any couples traveling together sit in pairs.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: R.O.P Silver
Hi there GetSetJetSet,

Unfortunately the 7443's are in the process of either being re-furbished in Y class with IFE, or deployed on there regular routes such as LHR, FRA, the usual European routes and routes within Asia and Thailand (such as HKG, HKT and CNX) so an "upgrade" to the 7443 is unlikely, another factor being here in SYD, with the 7442's having the extra C and F class seats, depending on load factor, those seats may fill up, thus making it a no go for the upgrade to the 7443 as that would reduce seats that have already been purchased by passengers.

As for the seat next to you, just ask the check-in agent to kindly seat you by yourself with no one next to you. You as a F class passenger are more than welcome to request this and you should find the check-in agent can organise that for you.

Regardless of a 7442 or 7443, you'll always receive the amazing service in which TG provides
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by thai_traveller747
Hi there GetSetJetSet,

Unfortunately the 7443's are in the process of either being re-furbished in Y class with IFE, or deployed on there regular routes such as LHR, FRA, the usual European routes and routes within Asia and Thailand
Except while the 747 is operating SYD, LHR is being operated by A346...and FRA only has on daily 7443 flight. As for not wanting to change aircraft...TG has sent the A345 to SYD quite a few times recently, it doesn't even have an F cabin so I'm sure they've not got too many qualms about downgrades!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by thai_traveller747
Regardless of a 7442 or 7443, you'll always receive the amazing service in which TG provides
Do you mean "amazingly bad" service
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BA Gold, A3 Gold,FB Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Desperate Dan Pie-Eater's Club
I got "TG'd" on the way back from BKK-MUC last month.
Myself and my girlfriend got told as we checked in that the first class would now be "14 seat format"
For my first ever First class flight this was what I'd been dreading (plane was changed that morning)
However it turned there were only 3 of us in the entire cabin.
Seats were actually pretty comfy.
Only real problem (if sitting in First class drinking vintage Dom eating caviar can have a problem... )was no AVOD.
Still my advice is don't worry - even if you do get an All-Series it's still pretty nice!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:57 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just arrived into CPH on B7472 (old F sold as C, old C sold as Premium Economy). These old F-class seats are extremely comfortable. No AVOD, though. Right now the flight looks like quite open in F:

30JAN MON BKK/Z‡7 SYD/‡4
1TG 471 F4 A4 P4 C4 D3 J3*BKKSYD 745A 905P 744 M 0 DCA /E
Z2 Y4 B4 M4 H4 Q4 T4 K4
2TG 475 F4 A4 P4 C4 D4 J4*BKKSYD 620P 740A‡1 747 M 0 DCA /E
Z4 Y4 B4 M4 H0 Q0 T0 K0

You may try to ask the check-in agent (or his/her supervisor) to block a seats next to you in the DCS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.