FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Gold member card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1299574-gold-member-card.html)

deng Jan 7, 2012 5:52 am

Gold member card

hello
last year end of november 2011, I have the first time gold status, but until today I not get the gold card, know someone how long that goes, I get the gold card ?

thank you for answer

andyptrav Jan 7, 2012 6:40 am

I got mine within a month but I expect it depends where you are. Don't forget the slowness of mail at this time of year. If travelling your local Thai office will give you (on request) a covering letter to get you the extra baggage and lounge access.

BKKROP Jan 7, 2012 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by deng (Post 17765768)
hello
last year end of november 2011, I have the first time gold status, but until today I not get the gold card, know someone how long that goes, I get the gold card ?

thank you for answer

End of November you would have been the flight, but it may not have been till mid December it registered on the FFP. The Gold package will take a month from them, so expect it on 14th January 2012:)

deng Jan 16, 2012 5:26 am

until today no get the GOLD CARD, I write e-mail 5 days before to the rop service, no answer, I think no good service from thaiairways

DHalltheway Jan 16, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by deng (Post 17822128)
until today no get the GOLD CARD, I write e-mail 5 days before to the rop service, no answer, I think no good service from thaiairways

TG is not very tech savy and prompt in responses.

I've had missing miles take almost half a year to post after reporting the missing mileage credit.

But, I will say they do have one of the better FFP for Asian carriers IMO

kapitan Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by DHalltheway (Post 17822369)
TG is not very tech savy and prompt in responses.

I've had missing miles take almost half a year to post after reporting the missing mileage credit.

But, I will say they do have one of the better FFP for Asian carriers IMO

They are quite prompt with me, send a mail get a reply within two days, send them boarding pass, 3 days later, miles credited.

DHalltheway Jan 16, 2012 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kapitan (Post 17822984)
They are quite prompt with me, send a mail get a reply within two days, send them boarding pass, 3 days later, miles credited.

You're fortunate.

Well to start off, my flights was with a *A partner, not with TG itself.

Took them 2 months to credit, then noticed only one sector of both of my round trip flights were credited.

Sent in BPs to office, they will say will send to HQ to process.

Went back to the office 3-4 times asking what is going on. The office replies that HQ is handling it.

In the end it took almost 8 months to credit 2 round trips.

Can't blame me for not having them as my preferred FFP because of this incident.

Note: Phoning is a waste of time because it takes 4 hours before they answer the call, their FFP system is terribly outdated and slow, and many a times I have conflicting information from various agents.