Online Booking System Down?

Old Dec 21, 11, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Online Booking System Down?

Can't seem to make a reservation on TG's website. When I enter my request, it just opens up a blank screen.
Old Dec 21, 11, 7:01 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Same here. Can't get any international bookings to work, only domestic.

For a couple weeks I've tried flights ex-ICN and the website wasn't working for those, but working for other locations. Now everything. I wonder if TG realizes how many millions they lose by having an incompetent IT department. Seems they're in good company though. SQ messed up royally in their new booking engine earlier this year and still have problems. OZ is infamous for having one of the worst websites of any major airline. As the demand grows for IT services, more and more completely incompetent workers enter the field and unfortunately are finding their ways into major corporations.
Old Dec 21, 11, 8:23 pm

Seems to be back up at the moment. Still though can't book business class flights ex-ICN.
Old Dec 21, 11, 8:28 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Maybe the New Local Excuse for everything in Thailand at the moment:

"ITS THE FLOODS"
Old Dec 22, 11, 11:35 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Anything to do with this? Still not available for booking post April 12.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-2012-a-2.html
Old Dec 22, 11, 10:30 pm

Programs: No status whatosever :-(
I can book now but the website does not allow to book anything else than Economy anymore!

For flights not originating from BKK you don't select the class of service on the main page but you would do it later in the process. Now, there is no such choice anymore.

Another bright IT department website "improvement"?

BTW, always wondered why TG's website has this different workflow for flights originating from BKK vs not.
Old Dec 22, 11, 10:35 pm

Have you tried the Multi-city option? Often that works when the regular method doesn't. Just recently the booking engine wasn't working for me for a flight ex-ICN, but the Multi-city option worked fine. Haven't tried it though in the past few days.

Search this Thread