Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Powers106
2a, 3a, probably both good in that order, but you basically repeated what I said about row 1 is to be avoided. Out of 4 seats taken on my flight BKK-HKG was 2a, 3a, 2k, 3k, on the way back all filled except 1D (first row middle left). Still, nice seats....
I would avoid 1A but 1K isn't so bad. I spent a bit of time in the lounge area when my 1F seat was inop and the crew was attempting to fix it. I have to say the lounge area is not the comfortable and I don't think will be occupied much or for long.

Row 2 would be my first choice as has been said already.

Originally Posted by sim510
I got the impression from other posts that I could select seat and meal. I've done the meal, but not seat assignments. I have read somewhere that I can do it at a Thai office...? I may just hop on the airport link and go out to BKK first class check in area and get it done! Or at least I'll know if all seats are already assigned and there are no choices left.

I looked at lot.com but not sure where to input UA record locator. I'll take a second look before hopping on the BTS, in any case.
Why take the time to go to the airport? Either go to an office in town or simply call TG.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
you just call the Thai office/reservations for seat assignments.
+1
I called my local Thai reservations office to select a seat for my reward redemption and was done in a minute!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
I could swear when I booked my flight initially on Thai.com I was able to select seats on the A380 in F, but the meals choice came in a separate email about 24+ hours from departure.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Powers106
I could swear when I booked my flight initially on Thai.com I was able to select seats on the A380 in F, but the meals choice came in a separate email about 24+ hours from departure.
Yes that's right - you can select seats online at the time of booking, but if you don't do it then there is no TG online method of doing it later. Meals are different.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Yes that's right - you can select seats online at the time of booking, but if you don't do it then there is no TG online method of doing it later. Meals are different.
100% agree and it is annoying! I also don't like how in J they often have several seats just randomly blocked for crew or what have you, so the plane could look chocka-block online, then have like 3 people in the whole cabin (slight exaggeration, but you see what I mean).
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I would avoid 1A but 1K isn't so bad. I spent a bit of time in the lounge area when my 1F seat was inop and the crew was attempting to fix it. I have to say the lounge area is not the comfortable and I don't think will be occupied much or for long.

Row 2 would be my first choice as has been said already.
Brand new plane and they are already having seat problems?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Brand new plane and they are already having seat problems?
Yup. In my case it was fully non-functional. However, on the return flight a few days later, when 1F was unoccupied, I checked the controls and it was in working order.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Had a very nice flight albeit short - Hong Kong to BKK. Was with my husband so sat in 2E and F which was perfect for the two of us. Seats very comfortable and service excellent. Food just Ok - I pre ordered lobster Thermidor which was good bu t husband did lamb which was terrible. It was fun and comfortable but MUCH prefer Lufthansa a380 first class!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:32 pm

I booked BKK-CDG-BKK for late June/early July in J and it looks like starting 1 April they plan to start A380 on this route. How realistic is this? If not A380, will they still use the leased Jet Airways 777?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:52 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I booked BKK-CDG-BKK for late June/early July in J and it looks like starting 1 April they plan to start A380 on this route. How realistic is this? If not A380, will they still use the leased Jet Airways 777?
I believe that the 9W 777s start to go back in May/June so I think it is highly likely that the A380 will be running by June
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by soy
I believe that the 9W 777s start to go back in May/June so I think it is highly likely that the A380 will be running by June
They are leased until October/November, according to this article: http://www.airlinenewsindia.com/2011...raft-from.html

I hope you're right, though, as I have booked CDG-BKK in early May.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Peppep
They are leased until October/November, according to this article: http://www.airlinenewsindia.com/2011...raft-from.html

I hope you're right, though, as I have booked CDG-BKK in early May.
I have read previously that TG cannot run an A380 on the CDG route until the fourth A380 has been delivered. This is so they have two on the FRA route and two on the CDG route.

Hopefully once the fourth one is delivered (in February?) they will confirm a start date for the CDG route, especially as it around this time they would start updating their Summer schedules.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:45 pm

How about the one for NRT? I think I read that would utilize an A380 too.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
How about the one for NRT? I think I read that would utilize an A380 too.
TG started NRT route since 1 Jan 2013. They used the third A380 for this route.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
A family member is doing BKK-NRT on the A380 in first class on Jan 8. My hubby and I will do BKK-FRA on A380 in first on Jan 7.

There is a big billboard near BKK airport that advertises the CDG routing on the A380, but it doesn't indicate dates. I think it mentioned FRA-NRT-CDG as the destinations for the new aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.