777-300ER - seating in Business for 2 pax together

Old Dec 7, 11, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

777-300ER - seating in Business for 2 pax together

Hi All,

What seating on their Jet Airways leased aircraft would be best for 2 pax travelling together?

D and G look good from seat map but in reality I don't think there is any way to talk to your travelling companion?

So I am guessing that like 10 A and D or 10 G and K would be good?

Any suggestions? Or do these rows not marry up exactly? Any advice is appreciated! thanks!!!!
Old Dec 8, 11, 12:38 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Royal Silk layout on the 777-300ER isn't the best for two pax travelling together - it's not so easy to talk "over the divide". If it were up to me, i think I would take seats either side of the aisle (one on the window, one in the middle) or two seats, one in front of the other.

Setting that aside, I quite like this cabin because it does seem to offer place to "hide away". Some find it too claustrophobic, however.
Old Dec 25, 11, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Red face

Bumping this topic for some advice...

Mrs Fr and myself have two choices, either 10A & 11A or 15D &15G

Not particularly fussed about a window more concerned about being able to talk over diner....

Anybody have any experience?
Old Dec 25, 11, 9:53 am
soy

Programs: mostly hotel status, more mercenary with airlines
Originally Posted by jsfr View Post
Bumping this topic for some advice...

Mrs Fr and myself have two choices, either 10A & 11A or 15D &15G

Not particularly fussed about a window more concerned about being able to talk over diner....

Anybody have any experience?
No seats on this plane are suitable for talking over dinner. You have a choice
See but cannot hear - sit across the aisle
Hear but cannot see - sit in consecutive seats, eg. 8A,9A or in the centre pair D&G
Old Dec 25, 11, 3:14 pm

Programs: QFWP, TG*S, ex-UA 1P
Originally Posted by soy View Post
See but cannot hear - sit across the aisle
Hear but cannot see - sit in consecutive seats
Which is best? Depends if you're travelling with your loyal, educated, intelligent and thoughtful wife of many, many, many years.... or your outrageously hot and sexy girlfriend of many weeks.
Old Dec 25, 11, 7:20 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by B747-438 View Post
Which is best? Depends if you're travelling with your loyal, educated, intelligent and thoughtful wife of many, many, many years.... or your outrageously hot and sexy girlfriend of many weeks.
That's the best advice you will get for these planes, CX lost so much business they recalled them and changed the seating, truth is they slotted them on the HKG-MEL run

There are no best seats for two people travelling together, pay extra and sit in F, or otherwise wait tilll you arrive to talk about the dinner. Good flying have a happy new year
Old Dec 26, 11, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold

Thanks for the clear definition, now I'm in dangerous territory with Mrs Fr - definitely no correct answer......
Old Dec 26, 11, 8:34 am
soy

Programs: mostly hotel status, more mercenary with airlines
When traveling in this config with Mrs Soy, we forget about the conversation and sit across the aisle where we can see each other. Mrs Soy is not impressed with having a stranger looking over at her for the duration of the flight.
Old Jan 1, 12, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I just flew TG922 in C. I would vote for row 16 and being across the aisles from each other in A/D or G/K. It doesn't show on the SeatGuru 9W chart for the plane, but 16's seats are considerably more private because of the bulkhead- you also get a bit more storage space. 16A (my seat) sees into 16D (across the aisle), but not really into anyone else's. G and K should mirror it. You'd be able to converse without stretching a neck.

I actually rather liked my seat- didn't feel very claustophobic, "coffin" like at all. Heaps better than the OZ C or older TG C slanty flat seats I flew in in earlier segments (and I imagine the LH C seats I am about to have on the last segment). That being said, if TG does their new seats right on the A388, they'll be pretty good...

Search this Thread