Wiki Posts
Search

Very quick turnaround in SYD: possible?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Very quick turnaround in SYD: possible?

Would it be possible to take TG475 (BKK-SYD) and then immediately return on TG476 (SYD-BKK) without going through Australian Customs and Immigration in SYD? The time between flights is 2:20, btw. Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Sydney is great - do spend more than 2 hrs here!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by tommyleo
Would it be possible to take TG475 (BKK-SYD) and then immediately return on TG476 (SYD-BKK) without going through Australian Customs and Immigration in SYD? The time between flights is 2:20, btw. Thanks!
One question...why????
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Sydney is great - do spend more than 2 hrs here!
I've been to Sydney before and I agree! It's great.

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
One question...why????
That question didn't take long.

I'm toying with a *A award booking for my gf and me. This time, we're really looking only to spend vacation time in South Asia. But if we fly in F to South Asia, it costs 160,000 miles. However, if we make SYD our official destination with a stopover in BKK, it only costs 140,000 miles -- PLUS we get to fly extra F segments to and from SYD and get to enjoy the amazing TG F lounge and spa at BKK to boot. In other words, we could be spending one day enjoying TG F as part of our overall trip.

That may seem nutty to some of you, but I know that some of you do understand. Besides my gf has never experienced F outside of the United States. All she knows about international F are the photos posted in my signature below...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Have you had a look in the Turnaround Thread? There's a number of listings in there for transfers and what not at SYD. I don't see why it would be a problem. I've probably done more turnarounds on TG than anyone, at various airports around the world and haven't yet not made it for a turnaround I've attempted. I'll probably have to do one at SYD one of these days just for the heck of it.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Sydney will forgive you... Do it!

A brief stop-over would not hurt though, has you gf been here before?

Cheers,

AG.:-:
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I
I'm toying with a *A award booking for my gf and me. This time, we're really looking only to spend vacation time in South Asia. But if we fly in F to South Asia, it costs 160,000 miles. However, if we make SYD our official destination with a stopover in BKK, it only costs 140,000 miles -- PLUS we get to fly extra F segments to and from SYD
Yes - it is doable in 2 hours - you will have to follow 'Transit' signs, clear security and take elevator up to the departures level - as a very few people transit via AU, normally there are no lines. Also... you might need to have an ETA or e-visa as otherwise TG check-in system might not cooperate and you will not be issued a boarding pass - they swipe passports to confirm ETA/e-visa at check-in.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: Solitaire PPS, Diamond GC, Plat SpG, Raffles Ambassador
Great idea ... : ) ENJOY!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.