Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

2 PNRs and 2 separate tickets, can I send my bag all the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, BA Silver

Hi

I've 2 separate tickets, RGN-BKK and BKK-ICN-LAX-IAD, that has 2 different itinerary numbers. Do you think I can check in the bags from RGN to IAD? Or, will they ask me to recheck in at BKK? It's all star alliance carriers tho. TG-TG-OZ-UA, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Regards,
K
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
I have never had any problems with separate tickets at TG check-in, but then again I have never checked-in in RGN...

I think you should be fine, as long as your layover in BKK is above the minimum transfer time.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASDC8
I have never had any problems with separate tickets at TG check-in, but then again I have never checked-in in RGN...

I think you should be fine, as long as your layover in BKK is above the minimum transfer time.
Thanks. I've 2 hours at BKK so should be fine.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by SASDC8

RGN is different, don't expect too much, plan for the worse
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BKKROP
RGN is different, don't expect too much, plan for the worse
I agree. Don't go into RGN with expectations that could be dashed.

Expect they won't send your bags onward and be happy if they do.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:07 am
Original Poster

If I decide to take out the bags and recheck in, do I have to pass through security and pay their departure tax? I'm thinking of rechecking in at BKK now since you guys are scaring me. I have nearly 3 hours between RGN-BKK and then BKK-ICN-LAX-IAD tickets. Or, shall I just switch the flights to get more time in between? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kan148
If I decide to take out the bags and recheck in, do I have to pass through security and pay their departure tax? I'm thinking of rechecking in at BKK now since you guys are scaring me. I have nearly 3 hours between RGN-BKK and then BKK-ICN-LAX-IAD tickets. Or, shall I just switch the flights to get more time in between? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Yes you will need to go though immigration and customs, no you will not be assessed the fee since you're on two tickets and therefor have already paid it.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: various
If you have 3 hours between scheduled landing from RGN and scheduled departure to ICN, that should be fine, no need to change current flight schedule. As said above, you'll have to go through immigration, baggage Claim and Customs, then up to departure level for recheck in and then through exit immigration, security, and back to airside. It sounds like a lot of process, but if Immigration isn't backed up, it's possible to accomplish all of this in an hour. No departure tax, it's already in your second ticket.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:28 am

Hi

I've 2 separate tickets, RGN-BKK and BKK-ICN-LAX-IAD, that has 2 different itinerary numbers. Do you think I can check in the bags from RGN to IAD? Or, will they ask me to recheck in at BKK? It's all star alliance carriers tho. TG-TG-OZ-UA, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Regards,
K
You'll be fine at RGN TG check-in counter. They will check your bags all the way to your final destination or at least through LAX. I have had TG in RGN done that several times in the past 2 years, last time being 2011 February. In my case it was not even connecting between star alliance carriers - it was TG and JL connecting in BKK on two different tickets/PNRs. I'm pretty sure TG check-in staff in RGN may even issue onward TG BPs for you. Absolutely no need to claim and recheck your bags in BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.