Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RICK69
Look a bit claustrophobic to me.But could always rejoin the mile high club.When will they be on LHR-BKK-LHR ?
Wait! I have to rejoin!?!?

Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Very few airlines have a consistent J class product actually. BA is probably very close with Club World, save for a few 767s.
According to seaguru, all BA's long-haul aircraft (including the 767s which operate long-haul) have fully flat beds in J. Also note that all VS planes have full flat J but of course VS is a small carrier by comparison.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:22 pm

Last month I flew the 747 and Jet Airways 777 in first. The Jet Airways 777 had a personal air vent. The 747 did not have a personal air vent and the flight became hot. You could ask that they bring the temp down on the whole plane, but that would make others uncomfortable. Thai should consider putting in a personal air vent like on their Jet Airways plane.

The doors to the bathroom on the 747 opens to the last row of seats in first. Thai should change this.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Temperature controls for F ( only ) are on the left side of the door which is in front of the kitchen .

" The doors to the bathroom on the 747 opens to the last row of seats in first. Thai should change this. "

By locking them or what would you propose ?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:58 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by somkiat
Temperature controls for F ( only ) are on the left side of the door which is in front of the kitchen .

" The doors to the bathroom on the 747 opens to the last row of seats in first. Thai should change this. "

You make my day with your humour somkiat. It is obvious that temperature of each section of the plane can be controlled separately and we should be happy to have TWO bathrooms for F which are well behind the second twin row of seats.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:01 pm

The old bathrooms need to be replaced. If replaced, you have the doors open from the side, instead of directly to the last row, where those first class passengers get a good "whiff" every time that door opens. Another option would be to put in a wall or heavy curtain separating the last row from the bathroom area. Whiff-whiff.

I know, yo are that regular Thai first class passengers who demands to be seated in that last row.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:42 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by BF263533
I know, yo are that regular Thai first class passengers who demands to be seated in that last row.
1 A & K when traveling as a couple and 2 A or 2 K for maximum privacy when alone.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by behuman
1 A & K when traveling as a couple and 2 A or 2 K for maximum privacy when alone.
I agree. In January we had 1 A & K. The woman by the bathroom, following the meal with her travelling companion, took 2 K to sleep. She returned to the last row for breakfast.

I still like a personal air vent, because for some reason I don't feel justified that the cabin temperature be lowered for my comfort, while making the rest of the cabin too cold for them. The few times I requested the cabin temperature lowered, everyone else was started to complain it was too cold. That is the benefit of a personal air vent. Everyone can achieve their healthy comfort level.

On that 747 flight last month the cabing felt hot to me. On that trip I had one LH, two LX, and two TG long-haul first class flights. LH & LX operate a cooler cabin, and the Jet Airways TG 777 has a personal air vent. I had a difficult time putting on my shoes because my feet had swollen only after the TG 747 11 hour flight. My travelling companion who is a medical professional, said it was because I was sweating and hot during the flight.

Last edited by BF263533; Feb 11, 2012 at 1:29 am
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
The old bathrooms need to be replaced. If replaced, you have the doors open from the side, instead of directly to the last row, where those first class passengers get a good "whiff" every time that door opens. Another option would be to put in a wall or heavy curtain separating the last row from the bathroom area. Whiff-whiff.
Mr BF ,

I am always more than delighted to note constructive proposals which might help to develop air traffic to new hights . Opening these doors to the " side " would open them to the galley and class of travel " C" . Leading the whiff to where it belongs .

Tecnically speaking and only tecnical : any possible whiff cannot leave it`s source since clever whiff-designers made it disappear into secretive exits within the lavatory . We stop thinking here .

You are right in assuming that regular F traveller somkiat does in fact prefer last row seats , but 3A only .
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:11 pm

My travelling companion who is a medical professional, said it was because I was sweating and hot during the flight.
Please update your medical professional that swollen feet after long flights are the result of low level of mobility and if you start jogging through the aircraft they will disappear . If not you might start to think about serious heart problems . But a medical professional might know that , it is no secret to them .
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:27 pm

Please update your medical professional that swollen feet after long flights are the result of low level of mobility and if you start jogging through the aircraft they will disappear . If not you might start to think about serious heart problems . But a medical professional might know that , it is no secret to them .
That's normally the cause, but walked a lot the day before the flight, the day of the flights, and did several rounds on the 747. Had a full medical exam before the trip. Under the circumstances, with all the sweating from the hot cabin, she felt the resulting dehydration was the biggest factor. Did not have the same problem one week later with more continuous travel, less exercise, but far cooler cabins.

I have flown a lot of 747s in first class, and all the bathrooms were seperated by galleys, halway or near the exit door. These were the first where the doors open right to the cabin with not even a curtain seperation.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by alex1948
According to seaguru, all BA's long-haul aircraft (including the 767s which operate long-haul) have fully flat beds in J. Also note that all VS planes have full flat J but of course VS is a small carrier by comparison.
This is correct. B767s have old product (with fabric 'fan' dividers and 1st generation AVOD) but it is a fully flat product and when I was onwWorld Emerald a few years back, I actually liked the B767 Club World configuration...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Having looked at the images of new F again, I am actually a little disappointed with the width of the seat. It seems that there is a lot of wasted space with the wide side panel.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:49 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Refinement needed!

I dont like it.

No doors to enclose the Suites = decreased privacy.

Having just flown the Jet, LH 380, and NH 773 in F, I like the privacy of the TG Jet version better. This is a huge issue for me.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:34 am

Has anyone a clear pictures of which 744 are going to be retrofitted with what, and what is the status as per today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.