Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

777-300ER (leased from Jet) First Class - where to sit?

Old Nov 30, 11, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

I did a search for 777-300ER, and I didn't get any results. I got TWO award seats here for my fiance and I for our honeymoon - where should we sit? Does it matter?
Old Nov 30, 11, 6:23 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Where should you sit? In the seat, I recommend. But when your seat is a bed, then you should lie down. When you're having a meal, perhaps sit in the little seat opposite your partner.

Seriously, ANY First class seat is a great seat. But as you're travelling with another, then why not go for the two seats in the middle - 1D & 1G or 2D & 2G.

Happy travels.
Old Nov 30, 11, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
Funny, I was going to ask the same thing!

I see the logic of selecting center seats traveling as a pair...but doesn't it get claustrophobic not having window access? We picked 1A and 2A thinking that we'd sit togetgher when eating and enjoy the view, and when sleeping or watching video it doesn't matter.

Hmm...
Old Nov 30, 11, 11:14 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by as219 View Post
Funny, I was going to ask the same thing!

I see the logic of selecting center seats traveling as a pair...but doesn't it get claustrophobic not having window access? We picked 1A and 2A thinking that we'd sit togetgher when eating and enjoy the view, and when sleeping or watching video it doesn't matter.

Hmm...
I'm a window person, but for travel as a couple the centre pair of seats is the way to go on this plane IMHO. With both sets of doors closed the centre suites feels like a private room.

TG blocks 1DG so only 2DG are available for advance assignment.
Old Dec 1, 11, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), AS MVP 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, IHG PLAT
Avoid 1A if you intend to use the AVOD
Old Dec 1, 11, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Given it is your honeymoon, I would go for the centre seats... Best to get things off to a good start!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

AG.
Old Dec 1, 11, 3:24 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
AG is right, at least do this one thing right, otherwise you will hear about it for the rest of your life, the idea of looking out a window when you he a suite is passe.

Two paxs together the only place to be is in the centre, reference 1A, always works for me, maybe upharmdoc getting TG confused with one of his other airlines
Old Dec 1, 11, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BKKROP View Post
AG is right, at least do this one thing right, otherwise you will hear about it for the rest of your life, the idea of looking out a window when you he a suite is passe.

Two paxs together the only place to be is in the centre, reference 1A, always works for me, maybe upharmdoc getting TG confused with one of his other airlines
Yep! Who wants to hear about it for the next 20 yrs?!

Besides, I would certainly want to sit next to the better half of AG... Always do!

Cheers,

AG.
Old Dec 2, 11, 12:15 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Centre pair.

1DG. 2DG. Suite pair. Private. You can dinner together or sidebyside plenty for Dom ,good food ,ok service. Suites getting a little tired now and headphone issues But it's First and the Spa and lounge in BKK worth some extra stop over time.
Old Dec 2, 11, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Indeed, the center seats feel like a private apartment when you close the doors.
Seat 1A has been known to have recurrent seat/headphone problems on (at least) one of the 77W. The headphone line can also be poor on other seats.
Old Dec 4, 11, 4:17 am

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Airgroovin' View Post
... Best to get things off to a good start!

AG.
lol

Btw, where does this particular aircraft fly?
Old Dec 4, 11, 5:19 am

Hi,

777 flies CDG and some FRA to BKK.

Flew CDG BKK in the two right hand window seats with Flygoddess last Feb.

I had the second row seat, and found there was some noise from the galley between 1st and Biz.

Went to FG's suite for dinner and then back to my made-up bed.

Some have suggested the left hand side on the way out to BKK to see the Himalayas.

Next time, I think we will just go for the centre pair and be more "intimate". It will also be "round the corner" from the galley.
Old Dec 4, 11, 5:36 am
formerly known as seanthepilot

Location: Don Muang, Thailand: AirAsia_Plat, UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_hater measly gold 4 life
Also BKK-NRT
Old Dec 4, 11, 9:33 am

Programs: TK*G, AP Prestige, BAEC, Alaska Air MP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold HHonors GOLD VIP, Hyatt GOLD
How about HND-BKK? I'm flying this in 3 weeks on a 777-300ER on the red eye flight out. Will it have the Jet Airways First and Business class seats?
Old Dec 7, 11, 3:59 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
center suites in first on 777W

Hello! Following on from this, if you have the two centre seats can is there a wall between you and the person you are sitting with or is it open? I am thing of upgrading from J to F on an upcomming flight but my partner is a nervous flyer and needs hand holding so a fixed wall would be problematic and we would have to stick with J!

Search this Thread