Transit at Phuket (HKT)

Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Transit at Phuket (HKT)

Will arrive on TG non-stop from CPH into Phuket. Continuing on Silk Air 2 hours later to SIN.
Does anyone know if there is a transit lane/area at HKT? Or do we have to pass through Thai Immigration and go back into the departure lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
You can stay in transit.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKROP
You can stay in transit.
Thanx great to have flyertalk to turn to for a prompt answer.
I will lean back in my comfortable 7442 oldstyle F seat (sold as C - same concept as CPH-BKK and ARN-BKK ) and enjoy the trip comfortably then.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKROP
You can stay in transit.

Unfortunately this did not hold true.
Arriving on TG 953 from CPH into HKT, there is absolutely no way to stay in transit.
Although the purser on the plane said we could go in transit, this was contradicted by the TG groundstaff upon arrival. So we had to go through immigration, customs and go back through immigration and exit thailand, and new security before being able to board our flight to Singapore.

So for now plan your travels as HKT does not have transit capabilities , and this includes passengers who continue on the same aircraft to Bangkok (it continues as TG 230) / all these passengers must disembark and clear thai immigration at HKT.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Did you have BP for the SILK air flight already? I doubt there is any transit desks airside at HKT to issue your BP, which means that you need to get at check-in at HKT (unless you already received it at CPH)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Did you have BP for the SILK air flight already? I doubt there is any transit desks airside at HKT to issue your BP, which means that you need to get at check-in at HKT (unless you already received it at CPH)
Yes I had already printed my silk air BP, and had only carry on luggage.
But still no way I could stay in Transit according to TG ground staff.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone has any new info on this. Is it still the case that you can't come off a flight at Phuket and transit to another one without clearing immigration?

Many thanks for any recent experiences people have to share.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Unfortunately this did not hold true.
Arriving on TG 953 from CPH into HKT, there is absolutely no way to stay in transit.
Although the purser on the plane said we could go in transit, this was contradicted by the TG groundstaff upon arrival. So we had to go through immigration, customs and go back through immigration and exit thailand, and new security before being able to board our flight to Singapore.

So for now plan your travels as HKT does not have transit capabilities , and this includes passengers who continue on the same aircraft to Bangkok (it continues as TG 230) / all these passengers must disembark and clear thai immigration at HKT.
is this information/experience based on latest knowledge including experience with new international terminal in Phuket?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
is this information/experience based on latest knowledge including experience with new international terminal in Phuket?
the info you quoted is from 2011, therefore no...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no first hand experience, but I'm confident that if your bags are checked all the way to final destination and you approach a gate agent upon leaving the aircraft at HKT and explain your situation/that you need to transit rather than to enter Thailand, they will take you to the transit area. I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Transit @ HKT new airport

Hi,

I was just wondering, with the new HKT airport, how long is it needed to transit from non-TG flight to a domestic TG Flight?

I will be arriving on EY (STD 1820) and was planning to grab the TG flight (STD 1935) - really hoping for this to ride on the 747 equipment to BKK. What's the chances of me getting on this if
a) I manage to get my bags interlined to BKK
b) I do not manage to get bags interlined to BKK

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I was just wondering, with the new HKT airport, how long is it needed to transit from non-TG flight to a domestic TG Flight?

I will be arriving on EY (STD 1820) and was planning to grab the TG flight (STD 1935) - really hoping for this to ride on the 747 equipment to BKK. What's the chances of me getting on this if
a) I manage to get my bags interlined to BKK
b) I do not manage to get bags interlined to BKK

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
ExpertFlyer tells the the minimum connection time EY-TG, Intl-Dom, is 60 mins. I presume this assumes interlining with bags checked through.

It all seems quite tight but possible if you are interlined, and I doubt it could work if not interlined.

Is this on a single booking? Or is the TG domestic sector on a separate ticket?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The domestic TG flight is on a separate ticket (obviously; otherwise the OP would not inquire about this)

If EY refuses to tag your bags to final destination you will not make the TG flight. It will not be the end of the world, as most TG dom. flights can be changed (usually, change fee is THB 500 + any upfare). You will just need to rebook to the next TG flight.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if your domestic ticket is changable, I would not worry too much
if not too long lines you could even make it if you can not check through the bags
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Yes, as SK AAR mentioned, the domestic sector is a separate ticket. I plan on getting the J ticket which I saw is changeable so that's not a biggie as there seems to be a few more flights that evening into BKK. Just that I really want to get on the 747 (if they don't do their magic swap).

I will most probably take the chance and see if I can luck it out to get AZ to interline my bag all the way to BKK (I will start my trip @ MXP in J -I will try and play the DYWIA game with a smile since I am also ST+).

Btw: Anyone with tips how this is now done with the new airport (never been there before) and I understand that domestic flights are still running at the old airport.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.