Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

What to do in BKK for 3+ hours? (with children)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P

I will be travelling with my wife and two children (aged 4, and 2 months) and we have relatively short stopovers in BKK in each direction (3h 55mins and 2h 45mins). I am *G (with UA) and we are travelling in Y (none of my family have any status).

I will probably guest my wife (+ 2 month-old) into a lounge at some point. If they let me and my 4yo son in as well, that would be a bonus, but in any case, I don't think he'd find sitting in a lounge quietly for 3+ hours that interesting (considering he'll be in-between some serious long-haul flights!).

So, some questions:

1. Which lounges can we access? Is the information in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-access-4.html

still valid? Any other recommendations for child-friendly lounges? (I've been in lounges elsewhere (LHR, CHC) that have special children rooms - anything like that at BKK?

Edit: http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...ilk-lounge.htm says that *G don't get access to the big lounge, which is the one with a kid's room [seems an odd decision, I would have thought there would be far more children in Y accompanying *G than there would be in C/F...]

2. What else is there to do / see in the airport? Last time we flew through SIN and saw the fish being fed, and found some children's play areas - is there anything like that at BKK?

If it makes any difference, we're flying to and from AKL so time of day will be afternoon/evening in one direction, and night (9pm+) on the way back.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited by daveh03; Nov 21, 2011 at 7:55 am Reason: added link to list of TG lounges
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:41 am
soy

Programs: various
There is a small kids playroom in the big TG C lounge (the one beside the F lounge). Not sure what else there is for kids outside the lounge. As usual, the SQ lounge is not very kid friendly, so I suggest you stick to the TG lounge
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I often arrive in at 5am, then leave on the 8am to Indonesia, and to be honest, I do not know how these paxs with 55minute connections make it. By the time I exit the plane and find out which transit I need and head for that transit area, get through security, get upstairs, find the departure gate and checkin at the gate lounge, it takes us 90 minutes. Add a couple of ankle biters, the McDonalds shop, the slides, half dozen Santas, a toilet break, my understanding of the whole set up is you will be lucky to make it.

I very rarely get to the lounge during transits, mind you, I always have intentions to, but I now have a tame exchange man to keep on side and there is a good barista working on the centre food outlet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.