Getting to GOLD

Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Getting to GOLD

My Current Mileage is 43,812 and I am close to being a Gold member as per the 50K mileage requirement. I would like to take advantage of the free upgrade to Royal Silk Class on my trip back to Bangkok after thanksgiving. It'll be my first time in Royal Silk Class.

Within my Orchid account it says: Minimum qualifying miles needed for GOLD status 19,948 (Probably because one trip was booked in Dec. 2010, and most of the miles where accumulated in 2011)

I am trying to bypass this and somehow qualify for gold by accumulating 50,000 miles. Any ideas? Do you think a representative would be able to pull some strings to make this happen? Or am i out of luck and just have to keep clocking the miles in.

I plan to book a Premium ECON ticket this thanksgiving but the miles wont get adjusted until 15 days after I land in BKK, I was hoping someone on this board had a creative way to get this to work out. I am dying to try the Royal silk class.

On a side note, what does everyone think of the floods in BKK, is it safe to travel back during the end of this month? are the flights cheaper with all the flood hysteria?

Thanks in advance for the insight,

-Water PIG
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Welcome to the board,

November 24th, I just had to google it, that is , the date of Thanksgiving. Yes I can see your problem, by the time you finish this trip, you will be gold, but that trip last year, if only you could add it, alas you will find you can't use it for the one year, 50,000 calculations.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:23 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
You're out of luck, I'm afraid. The ROP qualification period runs on a calendar year, not a rolling 12 months, so your 2010 miles will not count.

Not sure if there are any short cuts... 20k miles is a lot for a pure mileage run.

Royal Silk is very nice. Which route were you looking at? BKK to LAX?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

actually planning on doing LAX to BKK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.