Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
TG J on 772

I currently have the following Krisflyer award flights booked:

TG629 Y ICN-HKG-BKK
TG417 Y BKK-KUL

I noticed that for both legs they are operated on 772. Currently there is J available on TG629 leg. What is the J (and Y) like on 772? Are they old seats or the new seats (like the A346s)? I was just wondering whether to pay another 25K KF miles (for 2 people) to reticket with J leg. I am BD *G so lounge access is not an issue.

Also how is the food offerings on TG Y? I never flown TG Y before (I did in J previously). I had to say that TG J food is certainly not the best J food I have ever tried and can have improvements.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
They're the newer angled lie-flat beds with PTVs & AVOD.

TG Y catering is good, and is offered in the same portion/casserole (main course) as J.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
The 772s are very much like the 773s you would be familar with. Most TG aircraft now have new seats and the food and service in regional business is superior to most airlines
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Actually I have not flown 773 before. More of A346 and also A330 (Yuk!).

What is the chance of TG doing plane swap these days? I know there are still some really old bird there, including AB6.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi edison, you have good taste, I fly the A346 a lot, one of my favourite planes, it's a pity it only flies out of SYD. The A330 are great, even the Australian Qantas has bought them albeit they put an extra seat in the rows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.