FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Connecting intl J to domestic Y - lounge access at BKK? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1277476-connecting-intl-j-domestic-y-lounge-access-bkk.html)

absoluy Nov 7, 2011 6:55 pm

Connecting intl J to domestic Y - lounge access at BKK?

I'm arriving into BKK on an international J ticket, then connecting onto a (seperate) Y ticket for a domestic TG flight.

Do I still get access to the international J lounge during my connection (I have a 4 hour connection)?

Thanks

dsquared37 Nov 7, 2011 7:04 pm

Yet another question which is asked/answered repetitively.

You are unlikely to get lounge access, but you can try.

absoluy Nov 7, 2011 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 17409592)
Yet another question which is asked/answered repetitively.

You are unlikely to get lounge access, but you can try.

Thanks for your response... I did try searching for the answer to this, but after trying multiple variations of the query in Flyertalk search and using Google search (searching all sites and then restricting the results to flyertalk.com) I couldn't find any answer. It may be a question that's asked frequently, but doesn't appear that the answer can be found easily...

dsquared37 Nov 7, 2011 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy (Post 17409611)
Thanks for your response... I did try searching for the answer to this, but after trying multiple variations of the query in Flyertalk search and using Google search (searching all sites and then restricting the results to flyertalk.com) I couldn't find any answer. It may be a question that's asked frequently, but doesn't appear that the answer can be found easily...

The problem is this question is asked in many different forms in varying threads. There's no sticky or location where it's possible to get the information easily.

There are reports of access being granted; I recently met someone in the lounge where this was the case so i can confirm it's possible. However there aren't many anecdotes so does that mean people get denied often? Does it mean people just don't try?

On the one hand it would be good to have data on the situation. On the other enough reports of people gaining access could prompt more to try and result in this being shut down (if it's even allowed on more than a sporadic basis).

BKKROP Nov 8, 2011 10:31 am

The introduction of the body scanners in the transfers areas, has all but ruined the access from downstairs arrivals up the escalator, during the busy periods when the entrances are staffed. The lounges are now packed most of the times and access is denied unless same day Bangkok international departure

Silverswimmer Nov 8, 2011 10:38 am

I travelled Bangkok Air from Luang Probang,transferring to a TG flight to Krabi in C and showed my BKK/LHR confirmation in F for the following week and spent a pleasant couple of hours in the F lounge.
Must have been my smile (or the unlikely chance she recognised me from the previous week) but I doubt I would get away with it again.....