FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   TG 3/week between BRU & BKK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1229363-tg-3-week-between-bru-bkk.html)

Bralo20 Jun 23, 2011 7:55 am

TG 3/week between BRU & BKK

I stumbled onto this press release though I didn't find it on TG's site (yet):

Brussels, 23 June 2011

Thai Airways International PCL (THAI) is very pleased to announce the introduction of direct flights between Bangkok-Brussels v.v.

THAI will be the only South East Asian carrier to serve non-stop flights between Belgium and Thailand, starting from November 17th 2011 onwards.

Thai Airways International PCL will operate 3 flights per week departing Bangkok on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and departing Brussels the same day. The direct flights from Brussels to Bangkok will enable all passengers to connect into THAI’s extensive network in Asia & Australasia, via Bangkok.

The new route will be operated by B777-200ER aircraft with 30 business class and 262 economy class seats, all with the latest in-flight entertainment systems.

The new flights between Bangkok and Brussels v.v. will be available for booking in July 2011.

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited is the national carrier of the Kingdom of Thailand and was founded in 1960. THAI operates domestic, regional and intercontinental flights radiating from its home base in Bangkok to key destinations around the world and within Thailand. THAI is a member of Star Alliance.

www.thaiairways.be

Bralo20 Jun 23, 2011 7:59 am

Anyone more news?

jexelot Jun 23, 2011 9:03 am

Would love to see TG from AMS as well :-)

Creole Spirit Jun 23, 2011 10:21 am

the more A330 TG is getting with new ZIM-seats for operations on its regional routes in Asia (delivery one per month) the more they can deploy the 777s on other (new) routes.....in BRU they have the advantage that there is no other East Asian airline operating (besides Jet and Hainan) and no local home carrier with longhaul flights. This gives BRU a big advantage to AMS.
TG also has its own office there already while its AMS office was closed already years ago.

Guy Betsy Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

Why doesn't TG fly to AMS?

Creole Spirit Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 16612912)

too much competition, by KLM and EVA (both nonstop)....
And TG's existing customer base in Belgium is quite strong even though they havent been flying to Belgium yet.....

RonaldJ Jun 23, 2011 11:18 am

Great news!!! AMS would have been nice, however BRU airport also has a strong presence of another Star Alliance partner: Brussels Airlines.

HONcircle Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bralo20 (Post 16611932)
I stumbled onto this press release though I didn't find it on TG's site (yet):

Brussels, 23 June 2011

Thai Airways International PCL (THAI) is very pleased to announce the introduction of direct flights between Bangkok-Brussels v.v.

THAI will be the only South East Asian carrier to serve non-stop flights between Belgium and Thailand, starting from November 17th 2011 onwards.

Thai Airways International PCL will operate 3 flights per week departing Bangkok on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and departing Brussels the same day. The direct flights from Brussels to Bangkok will enable all passengers to connect into THAI’s extensive network in Asia & Australasia, via Bangkok.

The new route will be operated by B777-200ER aircraft with 30 business class and 262 economy class seats, all with the latest in-flight entertainment systems.

The new flights between Bangkok and Brussels v.v. will be available for booking in July 2011.

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited is the national carrier of the Kingdom of Thailand and was founded in 1960. THAI operates domestic, regional and intercontinental flights radiating from its home base in Bangkok to key destinations around the world and within Thailand. THAI is a member of Star Alliance.

www.thaiairways.be

Aaah I hoped that it would be aoperated by 777-300 ER, A340-600 or some other aircraft of TG that would feature a first class.

Aussie_flyer Jun 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Plus Brussels is home to a partner Star alliance carrier - Brussels airlines. another good reason to choose Brussels over Amsterdam. Although I likely won't fly this route its nice to see a new addition to the network.

filidoor Jun 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Brussels has the advantage of having excellent connections to Africa through *A partner SN Brussels. This allows Thai to fly to several locations in Africa with one stop in BRU.

Hideyuki Jun 26, 2011 8:29 am

TG's D10 have flown BKK-DEL-AMS on 1980s.

Globalist Jun 27, 2011 12:57 am

Originally Posted by HONcircle (Post 16615350)
Aaah I hoped that it would be operated by 777-300 ER, A340-600 or some other aircraft of TG that would feature a first class.

Yes, that would have been perfect for me. Their J seats are nice but not as nice as their F seats. Brussels would be a far better option for me than FRA or LHR.

Globalist

filidoor Jun 27, 2011 4:48 am

Received an email today from the Thai office in Brussels filling in some details:

Bangkok-Brussels, TG934
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
00.30 - 07.00 with Boeing 777-200ER

Brussels-Bangkok, TG935
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
13.30 - 06.20 +1 with Boeing 777-200ER

Tickets can be booked as of 1 July 2011 onwards.

fratboy Jun 27, 2011 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Bralo20 (Post 16611932)

make that reintroduction
TG last flew this route in 1993 code-shared with Sabena who are long-gone but not forgotten! :(

at the time BRU also hosted MH on as part of KUL-DXB-FRA-BRU, and for a brief period SQ on SIN-BRU-JFK but i can't see either of those two returning...

Creole Spirit Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by fratboy (Post 16631895)
make that reintroduction
TG last flew this route in 1993 code-shared with Sabena who are long-gone but not forgotten! :(

at the time BRU also hosted MH on as part of KUL-DXB-FRA-BRU, and for a brief period SQ on SIN-BRU-JFK but i can't see either of those two returning...

I was in Brussels yesterday and I cuold see only Hainan and Jet as the only Asian airliens operating there - sio it makes sense for TG to resume their operations there again with a fligth and a destination which is probably the longest and farest from Brussels....hope it will be successfull and they can increase the frequencies to maybe daily....