Wiki Posts
Search

Economy meals served back to front?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, Marriott Gold
Economy meals served back to front?

I don't fly TG that much but I noticed on two of my flights (HKG-BKK and BKK-NRT) that meals in Economy were served from back to front only on the left side of the plane. The right side was served front to back.

This doesn't happen on all flights but since I've got a few trips on TG coming up I'd like to ask those on this forum if this is the standard meal serving procedure for TG or does it just happen randomly?
Old May 9, 2011, 8:46 am

BKK-FRA-BKK / 7473 / Y: Front to back, both aisles.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
It seems to be rather inconsistent.

HKG-BKK - 7442 - back to front
BKK-DPS - 7443 - front to back
(forgot about DPS-BKK)
BKK-HKG - A330 - back to front
Old May 13, 2011, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, Marriott Gold
Official Answer from TG

I'm amazed no one knows anything about this. Here is the "official" answer from a friend at TG:

Our procedure depends on meal and aircraft type.

If we serve breakfast, we start from each galley. Normally we have 2 galleys(in Economy Class) -front and back. That means the front galley will start from the front to middle and the back galley will start from the back to middle.

For lunch and dinner we start from middle to front and middle to back. For example NRT, when we use 777 aircraft so we start from around row 44-45. For HKG, it depends on the aircraft. If we use 333 we start from the middle (lavatory area) back to each galley for lunch and dinner.

It's a pleasure to answer.

This basically explains it all. If you're seated in the front section of Y (Row 31), you will be served last during lunch and dinner since they start from "middle to front", etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.