Wiki Posts
Search

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade...

I'm flying BKK>NRT>IAD on TG/NH in May, all in business class. Right now, I fly overnight from BKK to NRT, have a short layover and then hop onto NH 2 non-stop to IAD.

I have an opportunity to upgrade the BKK>NRT leg on TG to F, but there's a catch...it's on the early morning flight out of BKK that gets me into NRT in the afternoon, so I would have to spend a night in Tokyo before getting on the plane to IAD.

I've never been to Tokyo, so the thought of having a day to check out the city is sort of appealing (at least be able to say I was there, I don't get to do a lot of traveling), and I like the idea of being able to check out F on the BKK>NRT leg of the flight, not to mention the whole F experience at BKK, but how much is there to see at 6 AM (the flight leaves BKK at 7:30 AM).

It would be about 10k miles to upgrade (already flying on an award ticket), is it worth it??

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by chopkins
I've never been to Tokyo, so the thought of having a day to check out the city is sort of appealing (at least be able to say I was there, I don't get to do a lot of traveling), and I like the idea of being able to check out F on the BKK>NRT leg of the flight, not to mention the whole F experience at BKK, but how much is there to see at 6 AM (the flight leaves BKK at 7:30 AM).!
10K is not much and you tick all the boxes, go for it.

You will love Japan, so very different, and BKK comes alive @5am, by six it is buzzing, you have to experience one of the Asians airlines F experiences and TG in their home port, is as good as most
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Yep! Do it - go for F!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BKKROP
10K is not much and you tick all the boxes, go for it.

You will love Japan, so very different, and BKK comes alive @5am, by six it is buzzing, you have to experience one of the Asians airlines F experiences and TG in their home port, is as good as most
Upgrade confirmed!

I'm definitely looking forward to the TG F experience, from check-in to lounge to flight. And, assuming no aircraft change, the morning BKK>NRT flight looks to be on the 77W leased from Jet, so that's something to look forward to, even if it is only a 6 hour flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.