Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Where are the business class immigration lines?

Originally Posted by Vulcan
I departed BKK on 1/10 and got to the terminal about 1:45 PM. The regular line to go thru and get an stamp had to be well over an hour. I was flying Thai Business and used their special area at the end of the terminal. I was the only one in line and there were three agents there looking for business.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this, and would like to know as starting tomorrow I'm flying in and out of BKK business class several times over the next few months (on both TG and UA). Are there special immigration lines for arriving and departing business class passengers? And if so, where do I find them?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Sorry the left was back to the wall while the right was pretty empty.
Thanks. I have a 5PM arrival today which will be my first in almost 3 months. As I'll most likely get a bus the D4 immigration area is where I'll check first.

I had planned on using a Fast Track card from my stashed pile but apparently this might not result in anything beneficial.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this, and would like to know as starting tomorrow I'm flying in and out of BKK business class several times over the next few months (on both TG and UA). Are there special immigration lines for arriving and departing business class passengers? And if so, where do I find them?

Thanks for any advice!
Arriving in BKK: Go to main immigration hall. As you face immigration counters head to far right. TG F and J pax can proceed through TG fast track channel next to diplomats and assited pax. You will need to show a BP showing F or C with a TG flight number (doesn't actually need to be a TG issued boarding pass as long as it's F or C on TG). When I came through three weeks ago there was only a line open for Thai passports but I think this was a short time anomally as there is usually one for foreign passports too. When I asked they let me through the assisted pax line that day.

Departure BKK: check in for TG F and J is at lane A. It has its own dedicated fastrack immigration and security behind it. I have never been held uop in this area for more than 10 minutes. Immediately down escalators after security screen you will find the TG business lounge. Even if travelling J you can access the TG spa for foot or shoulder massage etc. Although there are few delays when checking in TG premium at lane A I still find it a good idea to check in at least 90 minutes before departure and relax in lounge. This is because TG uses mostly large aircraft and in my experience they are often on the ball , boarding mant of them about 45-60 minutes before departure, especially if a bus gate is involved.

If you are arriving UA J then you will have to slum it in general immigration lines unless you get some kind of invite to Fast Track from UA. If you are departing UA J they will most likely give you an invite to Fast Track departures which is at the opposite end of terminal from A, arround checkin N, P if I recall correctly. There are reports of pax backed upo here too of late but nowhere near as bad as general departures.

Last edited by ScottieFlyer; Mar 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thanks. I have a 5PM arrival today which will be my first in almost 3 months. As I'll most likely get a bus the D4 immigration area is where I'll check first.

I had planned on using a Fast Track card from my stashed pile but apparently this might not result in anything beneficial.
Note you are arriving and I was talking about departure.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note you are arriving and I was talking about departure.
I realized that after the fact.

FWIW, at 5PM, arrival, immigration was 5 minutes in the main D4 area.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 pm

dsquared37, why is this? Don't they accept it anymore? I have one left and plan to use it for next week. Must we produce a J/G BP now to use the fast track?

Originally Posted by dsquared37

Last edited by broadwayboy; Mar 6, 2012 at 11:25 pm
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
dsquared37, why is this? Don't they accept it anymore? I have one left and plan to use it for next week. Must we produce a J/G BP now to use the fast track?
For the most part, yes. I have a stack of cards I bought which are no longer in use. I have had some success with the purple TG FT passes. But generally they have drastically reduced what they will accept.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:36 am

Ah, the one I have left is the purple TG one. I hope it works out for me. I wonder what the officer will say to me if I show him a Y TG BP, should he ask.

For the most part, yes. I have a stack of cards I bought which are no longer in use. I have had some success with the purple TG FT passes. But generally they have drastically reduced what they will accept.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Ah, the one I have left is the purple TG one. I hope it works out for me. I wonder what the officer will say to me if I show him a Y TG BP, should he ask.
My son used one of the purple tg cards on a y pass within the last month.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All I'm currently in possession of is the newer purple TG cards.

My arrival yesterday at 5PM had lines of 4-5 deep and there was no need to attempt the Fast Track.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: united mileage plus
I'm flying out of BKK on a Saturday night (late ANA flight near midnight). Should I expect this long line situation then? I had planned to come to the airport in the early evening and hang around in the lounge until flight time. What is the early evening security/immigration scene like? Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by fdflys
I'm flying out of BKK on a Saturday night (late ANA flight near midnight). Should I expect this long line situation then? I had planned to come to the airport in the early evening and hang around in the lounge until flight time. What is the early evening security/immigration scene like? Thanks
Compared to all the major airports late at night, BKK is very good, the major movements are to Europe. I am delayed more often in other ports. As you have lounge access no doubt ANA will also assist you getting through, then it is a breeze
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Compared to all the major airports late at night, BKK is very good, the major movements are to Europe. I am delayed more often in other ports. As you have lounge access no doubt ANA will also assist you getting through, then it is a breeze
On what are you basing this?
Originally Posted by fdflys
What class of service ar you flying and what status do you have with ANA? The lines for general immigration are pretty bad in the evenings at least around 10-11PM. If you were flying TG J or F you could use their dedicated immigration. Does ANA give their elites Fast Track passes? How about J or F? If they do, it'll be pretty swift.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: united mileage plus
I'm 1k on UA so have *A Gold but have no status on ANA. It's a connecting flight back to the states and I'm in economy. ANA has a joint venture with UA so I'm hoping they might see the 1K and point me towards the better exit option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.