Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by ulyparis
The consequences will be dire for TG and for the tourism industry in general. BKK can no longer be the hub from where you go to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Bali, etc. as you risk missing your flights and lose so much time queuing. Better use SIN and avoid long delays getting in and long delays getting out.
The time you spend in queue is more than the 2 hrs flight time between Singapore and Bangkok.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The consequences will be dire for TG and for the tourism industry in general. BKK can no longer be the hub from where you go to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Bali, etc. as you risk missing your flights and lose so much time queuing. Better use SIN and avoid long delays getting in and long delays getting out.
If just transiting to those destinations then there's no chance of missing your flights. If staying in Thailand before departure than what you say is relevant.

On many occasions I've scheduled my flights in or out of Thailand to end or begin, respectively, at a domestic airport with customs. I've used immigraiton in CNX outbound extensively in the last 6 months and it's saved me so much aggravation. This is even more helpful when flying PG (or any carrier that isn't TG F/C).
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:18 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Dendrite
The time you spend in queue is more than the 2 hrs flight time between Singapore and Bangkok.
I've yet to hear of anyone who spent 2 hours queueing.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
Arriving in BKK: Go to main immigration hall. As you face immigration counters head to far right. TG F and J pax can proceed through TG fast track channel next to diplomats and assited pax. You will need to show a BP showing F or C with a TG flight number (doesn't actually need to be a TG issued boarding pass as long as it's F or C on TG). When I came through three weeks ago there was only a line open for Thai passports but I think this was a short time anomally as there is usually one for foreign passports too. When I asked they let me through the assisted pax line that day.

Departure BKK: check in for TG F and J is at lane A. It has its own dedicated fastrack immigration and security behind it. I have never been held uop in this area for more than 10 minutes. Immediately down escalators after security screen you will find the TG business lounge. Even if travelling J you can access the TG spa for foot or shoulder massage etc. Although there are few delays when checking in TG premium at lane A I still find it a good idea to check in at least 90 minutes before departure and relax in lounge. This is because TG uses mostly large aircraft and in my experience they are often on the ball , boarding mant of them about 45-60 minutes before departure, especially if a bus gate is involved.

If you are arriving UA J then you will have to slum it in general immigration lines unless you get some kind of invite to Fast Track from UA. If you are departing UA J they will most likely give you an invite to Fast Track departures which is at the opposite end of terminal from A, arround checkin N, P if I recall correctly. There are reports of pax backed upo here too of late but nowhere near as bad as general departures.
SF, thanks again for this great advice. FWIW, though, my experience today arriving in J at 5 p.m. on the TG flight from Dhaka was a bit different than what the fast track process might usually be. That is, there was no fast track today. I went to the far right and only saw a line there for Thai Nationals. I showed my boarding pass to the nearest Thai guard standing around, who pointed me toward the Foreign Nationals lines at the middle.

As it turns out, it was a non-issue, since I only had to wait for five minutes or so on a pretty short line that moved pretty quickly. Perhaps they open up the fast track line only when it's really busy???

My experience arriving on UA J and departing TG J was exactly as you describe it. I'll post again if departing on UA J tomorrow morning differs much from what you've posted.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I've yet to hear of anyone who spent 2 hours queueing.
And yet there are plenty of them :

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airpor...um/bkk-suv.htm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
SF, thanks again for this great advice. FWIW, though, my experience today arriving in J at 5 p.m. on the TG flight from Dhaka was a bit different than what the fast track process might usually be. That is, there was no fast track today. I went to the far right and only saw a line there for Thai Nationals. I showed my boarding pass to the nearest Thai guard standing around, who pointed me toward the Foreign Nationals lines at the middle.

As it turns out, it was a non-issue, since I only had to wait for five minutes or so on a pretty short line that moved pretty quickly. Perhaps they open up the fast track line only when it's really busy???

My experience arriving on UA J and departing TG J was exactly as you describe it. I'll post again if departing on UA J tomorrow morning differs much from what you've posted.
Arriving at 5PM is a very good time indeed. I can't believe they've already eliminated the fast track though. It was in print as a potential, a suggestion, but they've already done it? That's absolutely f$%*ed.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by pansted00
I'll believe it when I hear a FTer say it happened to them.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I'll believe it when I hear a FTer say it happened to them.
Another delusional Thai apologist . Sorry for you Buddy, but you obviously got your head up your ....
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:27 am

Another delusional Thai apologist . Sorry for you Buddy, but you obviously got your head up your ....
Dearest, I'm not an apologist of any sort. I also only believe hotel reviews from trusted sources. You can find threads where I've asked about a hotel and someone says their business associate or third cousin twice removed stayed there and it was fine. I prefer to hear from the horse's mouth. Have you experienced a 2 hour wait? Has anyone that has posted here? While the waits are very long, I have not heard anyone say they waited 2 hours.

BTW Please remember to discuss the topic and not the person.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Dearest, I'm not an apologist of any sort. I also only believe hotel reviews from trusted sources. You can find threads where I've asked about a hotel and someone says their business associate or third cousin twice removed stayed there and it was fine. I prefer to hear for. The horse's mouth. Have you experienced a 2 hour wait? Has anyone that has posted here? While the waits are very long, I have not heard anyone say they waited 2 hours.

BTW Please remember to discuss the topic and not the person.
Absolute ......... If you are not flying TG C or F or any other airline that will give you a fast track pass, BKK is an absolute shithole now where you can wait 2 hours at immigration either way.
Now you can deny it if it suits you, but any which way you like you end being a liar .
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:42 am

Not quite 2 hours for me and my family, but close. Wed, 1 Feb, 2:30PM arrival. We spent 1 hour and 45 minutes at passport control. It was a mess!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:08 am

Absolute ......... If you are not flying TG C or F or any other airline that will give you a fast track pass, BKK is an absolute shithole now where you can wait 2 hours at immigration either way.
Now you can deny it if it suits you, but any which way you like you end being a liar .
Who is denying anything? I'm saying I don't believe 2 hours. So far we have close to two hours. I fly Y to BKK half the time and haven't waited even an hour as of yet. You can cuss and call me names all you want. All I said is I'll believe it when I hear it from the horse's mouth. Not sure why that is such a big deal.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by dsquared37

On many occasions I've scheduled my flights in or out of Thailand to end or begin, respectively, at a domestic airport with customs. I've used immigraiton in CNX outbound extensively.
This is a very interesting suggestion. Hopefully there will be more international flights out of CNX.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:16 am

This is a very interesting suggestion. Hopefully there will be more international flights out of CNX.
Note that he's talking about starting with a transit flight CNX-BKK-int'l with the immigration clearance being done at CNX.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Arriving at 5PM is a very good time indeed. I can't believe they've already eliminated the fast track though. It was in print as a potential, a suggestion, but they've already done it? That's absolutely f$%*ed.
Well, I'm not positive they've eliminated it. It could be that I simply missed it, though I'm not certain where it would be. After my arrival, I had dinner tonight with a friend who tells me it's there, but hard to find and not clearly marked. OTOH, I've used the airport more recently than he has. So take my experience as one data point. Let's see if anyone verifies my info or has a different, better experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.