Old Mar 9, 18, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Old Jan 15, 18, 7:59 am
  #361  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 3,021
Is this broken or what? Selections do not stick and error out in the end! Any alternative to forcing the selections?
* StarAlliance redemption from Lifemiles
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Jan 15, 18, 6:53 pm
  #362  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,514
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Is this broken or what? Selections do not stick and error out in the end! Any alternative to forcing the selections?
* StarAlliance redemption from Lifemiles
you can always go through your local TG Office; they are happy to take your order
BinSabai is online now  
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:16 am
  #363  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 3,021
Thanks. But rather than calling and hoping they dont screw up, I played a bit with the website and found a way to make it work.
Basically, I needed to switch the website country to Thailand, and the selections stick to the reservation (inspite of any errors that are shown).
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Jan 16, 18, 2:21 pm
  #364  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Thanks. But rather than calling and hoping they dont screw up, I played a bit with the website and found a way to make it work.
Basically, I needed to switch the website country to Thailand, and the selections stick to the reservation (inspite of any errors that are shown).
Haha, it's more likely to be screwed up with the website! The service you get calling will be great.
travelislife is offline  
Old Jan 16, 18, 2:24 pm
  #365  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AU
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 14,258
Originally Posted by travelislife View Post
Haha, it's more likely to be screwed up with the website! The service you get calling will be great.
Yeah. Ex HKG two months ago ordered on line didn't show up at all.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Old Jan 16, 18, 8:59 pm
  #366  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 3,021
I'll take my chances!
Best Thai F BTC screw-up I have faced so far -> They served my meal to another passenger.
I changed my seat at check-in, which seems to have thown them off, since they still had records of my original seat with the meal.
Some lucky guy got to eat my thermidor!
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Jan 17, 18, 12:26 am
  #367  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,514
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
I'll take my chances!
Best Thai F BTC screw-up I have faced so far -> They served my meal to another passenger.
I changed my seat at check-in, which seems to have thown them off, since they still had records of my original seat with the meal.
Some lucky guy got to eat my thermidor!
beside some "forgotten" or "mai mee" i once got my Tournedos Rossini without the goose liver (foie gras). On my question, FA told me she will check and came back after 2 minutes with a frozen piece of foie gras. To save her face she let me know that most of the F passengers eat their steak without this strange stuff....
BinSabai is online now  
Old Jan 17, 18, 1:54 am
  #368  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AU
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 14,258
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
beside some "forgotten" or "mai mee" i once got my Tournedos Rossini without the goose liver (foie gras). On my question, FA told me she will check and came back after 2 minutes with a frozen piece of foie gras. To save her face she let me know that most of the F passengers eat their steak without this strange stuff....
I prefer them with pate de fois gras (not that I have them very often!). Last time I ordered them on TG - which was about 10 years ago - it was with a whole piece of fois gras. Not to my liking. SQ was serving them for a while with the pate version.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Old Jan 17, 18, 4:48 am
  #369  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
I'll take my chances!
Best Thai F BTC screw-up I have faced so far -> They served my meal to another passenger.
I changed my seat at check-in, which seems to have thown them off, since they still had records of my original seat with the meal.
Some lucky guy got to eat my thermidor!
That indeed happened to me too, maybe 4 or 5 years ago now. My lobster was served to the lady in 1A and I got her lousy fried rice. Her daughter had chosen the fried rice of all meal option for her.
alanslegal is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:49 am
  #370  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,514
Originally Posted by alanslegal View Post
That indeed happened to me too, maybe 4 or 5 years ago now. My lobster was served to the lady in 1A and I got her lousy fried rice. Her daughter had chosen the fried rice of all meal option for her.
LOL! ...and you subdued and just ate your "lousy" fried rice without saying anything?
BinSabai is online now  
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:51 am
  #371  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,514
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post
I prefer them with pate de fois gras (not that I have them very often!). Last time I ordered them on TG - which was about 10 years ago - it was with a whole piece of fois gras. Not to my liking. SQ was serving them for a while with the pate version.
TG also changed to the pat some years ago; they can spoil less with the pat (if they find and serve it at all!)
BinSabai is online now  
Old Jan 18, 18, 2:26 am
  #372  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: AU
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 14,258
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
TG also changed to the pat some years ago; they can spoil less with the pat (if they find and serve it at all!)
oh! maybe time to try it again.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 3:01 am
  #373  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,514
enjoy!the quality of the meat can be a lottery. amazingly I had the best out of BKK and by far the worst out of SYD
BinSabai is online now  
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:21 am
  #374  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
LOL! ...and you subdued and just ate your "lousy" fried rice without saying anything?
I did mention it to the crew, they were indeed apologetic, offered whatever else was available but that's it - secretly I was hoping they present me a bottle of champagne as a service recovery but that didn't happen.

I did strike a conversation with the lady in 1A during the flight, said it was her first time in F, her daughter had booked the flight and pre-booked fried rice but was pleasantly surprised when (my) lobster was served to her. She did not question the crew why she was served lobster instead of fried rice - but thought it was much more acceptable to be served lobster in F.
alanslegal is offline  
Old Jan 20, 18, 1:50 am
  #375  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 3,021
Originally Posted by alanslegal View Post
I did mention it to the crew, they were indeed apologetic, offered whatever else was available but that's it - secretly I was hoping they present me a bottle of champagne as a service recovery but that didn't happen.

I did strike a conversation with the lady in 1A during the flight, said it was her first time in F, her daughter had booked the flight and pre-booked fried rice but was pleasantly surprised when (my) lobster was served to her. She did not question the crew why she was served lobster instead of fried rice - but thought it was much more acceptable to be served lobster in F.
exactly what I expected too! A dom to go for the inconvenience. Great coincidence of thought.
Tokyoite is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread