Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Or alternatively I assume if the mistake does carry and they load a Vegetarian Hindu meal you can just decline and opt for ordering on board?
yes you can; you even can do that if they bring you the lamb and you are not in the mood for lamb...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
My lamb pre-order still shows as Vegetarian Hindu. I've got until March 24th before I'm on the flight so still some time for them to resolve the issue but if it persists I may just remove the pre-order a couple days ahead of time and just order on board. Or alternatively I assume if the mistake does carry and they load a Vegetarian Hindu meal you can just decline and opt for ordering on board?
In my experience (F on A380 BKK-CDG) they catered a Veg. Hindu meal despite my online order. In this case I was able to order off the regular inflight menu, however my appetizers were still Veg. Hindu as they only had enough regular appetizers for the non pre-orders.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I pre-ordered the duck out of FRA and it was terrible. Rubbery and fattening skin all over it. I would not recommend ordering this one. I was really disappointed, but so jetlagged and tired I didn't really care.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrAAveller
In my experience (F on A380 BKK-CDG) they catered a Veg. Hindu meal despite my online order. In this case I was able to order off the regular inflight menu, however my appetizers were still Veg. Hindu as they only had enough regular appetizers for the non pre-orders.
Your post prompted me to check our preorder status - and it now show Veg Hindu despite I have preordered a Lamb and a Lobster.

I tried to remove the pre-order but its system is down.

I wonder if calling / emailing would work on Pre-order?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:02 pm

calling yes
emailing would probably turn the Hindu Veg into East German Kosher Diabetic Lactose Free Baby Food
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Talking

Originally Posted by BinSabai
calling yes
emailing would probably turn the Hindu Veg into East German Kosher Diabetic Lactose Free Baby Food

Just made my Friday evening staying late in the office!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Happy to report that I received Lobster Thermidor on both flights, despite the fact that the British site showed Vegetarian hindu.

On both LHR-BKK and BKK-NRT flights, the cabin crew proactively informed me that I had Lobster but could select something different from the menu if I didn't feel like eating lobster now.

Verdict: both were good but ex-LHR was actually a bit better.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Happy to report that I received Lobster Thermidor on both flights, despite the fact that the British site showed Vegetarian hindu.

On both LHR-BKK and BKK-NRT flights, the cabin crew proactively informed me that I had Lobster but could select something different from the menu if I didn't feel like eating lobster now.

Verdict: both were good but ex-LHR was actually a bit better.
I'm not surprised ex-LHR was better. I find BKK catering average. I always get a better meal ex-Australia than ex-Bangkok
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
I'm not surprised ex-LHR was better. I find BKK catering average. I always get a better meal ex-Australia than ex-Bangkok
so what do you recommend from Australia? flying F from SYD soon
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Two sectors on TG F recently.. FRA-BKK where we did not pre-order. Both my wife and I opted for the pork curry which was solid... the starters were very bland and uninspiring. The shrimp wonton soup available as an anytime snack was quite good actually- my wife had it for breakfast. I had the roasted pork noodle soup which was also quite good. On the return we pre-ordered the lobster pad thai and the wonton soup online.. at checkin in BKK the agent noted we had ordered the asian vegetarian meal... I explained to her what we had ordered and she said on there is a problem with the website. In the lounge, another agent came up to us and let us know that they were able to cater the special meals for us....

As for the actual meal- the lobster pad thai is horrendous. I'm not sure why I ordered it.. I'm pretty sure I've heard it's bad before. the pad thai was merely meh; I have much better at the crummy take out place in Baltimore. The lobster was absolutely terrible... I'm pretty sure a piece of rubber would have tasted about the same.. Plus it had a grayish color... My wife quite liked her wonton soup; she said it was even better than on the outbound...

FDW
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Does anybody have any recommendations for CDG-BKK in F on the A380? Lots of time, I'm not flying until end of summer, but always open to recommendations. If I preorder, will I still get the Caviar service regardless?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
If I preorder, will I still get the Caviar service regardless?
yes you will! you preorder the main dish. Caviar is one of the two starter
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Has anybody tried to pre-order the meal in the past few days? I get a Not Found Page notice when I try
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami
Has anybody tried to pre-order the meal in the past few days? I get a Not Found Page notice when I try
I just pulled up my F class reservation for May and was able to access the menu for my reservation. Safe travels!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by afmiami
I get that as well. Same thing when I tried to pre-order a meal about a month ago. I take it you just need to call in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.