Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:29 pm

Transfer at BKK

I am flying MEL-BKK, arriving BKK at 8:15pm, then depart BKK at 11:50pm to NRT. Both flights are operated by TG, I'm in Business Class on both, and we'll have checked bags. When I get to BKK, do I have to collect my checked luggage and/or go through passport control? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by irishflyer07
I am flying MEL-BKK, arriving BKK at 8:15pm, then depart BKK at 11:50pm to NRT. Both flights are operated by TG, I'm in Business Class on both, and we'll have checked bags. When I get to BKK, do I have to collect my checked luggage and/or go through passport control? Thanks in advance.
No to both luggage and passport control questions. All you need to do b/w flights is relax in the Royal Silk or Royal Orchid lounge and enjoy a 30 min massage in the Royal Orchid Spa if you wish.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:22 am

Redeeming UA miles for TG C and F awards

I am looking into redeeming some UA miles I have for travel from Japan to Thailand on TG, and have a two questions:

1. Does TG tend to release additional C and F award inventory closer to the departure date if seats remain available? I want to travel in F, but if unavailable I might first ticket in Y or C and continue to check availability for F.

2. I believe that the TG standby upgrade system has changed a bit, and now some booking classes are ineligible for paid standy upgrades. Will a partner award ticket (UA) be eligible for standby upgrades? Ideally I would like to have the option to pay for an upgrade at the airport in the event that award inventory does not become available.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have not had difficulty locating F awards on TG using UA miles intra-Asia, though my travel is usually at least a little flexible on dates. Therefore, I am not certain about TG increasing availability for close-in awards.

If you have high elite status with United, you can cancel or change award travel without penalty. You don't indicate programs or status on your profile, so this would have influence on whether to ticket in Y or C and change later.

I think your decision will need to be based on how flexible or important arriving on a certain date is compared with the desire to have TG F class.

I am not familiar enough with TG fare buckets and upgrade process to advise you on your second question.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:49 pm

Does anybody have a good phone # for Thai? I emailed them about a leg of my award flight through United being dropped (USM) and wanted to inquire. Two weeks and no response, time to call! Thank you in advance
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
If you are US based (assumption as you are using United miles), it is easiest to call the staff based out of California:

Contact

Thai Airways International

Sales Office: Thai Airways International
(Reservation / Ticketing)
Address: 222 North Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 100
El Segundo, CA 90245
United States of America

Toll Free Number: (800) 426-5204

Phone: (310) 640-0097
Fax: (310) 322-8728
e-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

United has some issues with dropping segments from partner carriers on award tickets, so hopefully you have already been in contact with United to fix the problem, and just want to confirm with Thai Airways that all is taken care of correctly.

And welcome to Flyer Talk !
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
If you are US based (assumption as you are using United miles), it is easiest to call the staff based out of California:

Contact

Thai Airways International

Sales Office: Thai Airways International
(Reservation / Ticketing)
Address: 222 North Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 100
El Segundo, CA 90245
United States of America

Toll Free Number: (800) 426-5204

Phone: (310) 640-0097
Fax: (310) 322-8728
e-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

United has some issues with dropping segments from partner carriers on award tickets, so hopefully you have already been in contact with United to fix the problem, and just want to confirm with Thai Airways that all is taken care of correctly.

And welcome to Flyer Talk !
Thank you very much for the prompt reply and information. I have tried that email so I will give them a call. United said I'm basically SOL, so we will see what Thai says. More details in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eg-flight.html
Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Thai won't be flying to USM any more, there will be no star partner to USM so you will have to pay your own way, nothing the airline can do.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:10 am
HGB

Programs: AF Club 2000/ QR Gold/ TK Platinum/ Amex FB Platinium/ Visa Infinite Platinium
Unhappy TG is a good airline but their Royal Orchid programme is lousy

Usually flights on TG, specially in C or F are pretty nice ans service good.
But do not enroll in their programme which has much more cons than pros:
* all miles automatically cancel after 3 years even if you fly with them;
* if on mileage your final destination is not Bangkok, then they will make you buy a second ticket!
* one way tickets request very many more miles than 50% of a return;
* on an international route, you can't ask a different class for each journey;
* etc.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 8:25 pm

Noob here - the weight concept seems to be 30kg for C pax (traveling BKK-BOM-JNB-EZE on TG/SA Biz). How many pieces can that be?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Noob here - the weight concept seems to be 30kg for C pax (traveling BKK-BOM-JNB-EZE on TG/SA Biz). How many pieces can that be?
Since you're dealing with a weight concept the number of pieces is irrelevant. You could have 6 bags at 5kg each if you desire.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:50 pm

We are departing HKT, connecting in BKK to PEK to ORD. This was booked using UA Miles. Its TG up until PEK and then UA from PEK-ORD.

We are in Economy, and have no *A Status. What is our baggage/weight allowance? The e-receipt shows 1 bag only, but my understanding was TG flights to the US had 2....but i'm only on TG to PEK. So what rule applies, etc? Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:34 am

BKK duty free in transit

We will be flying LHR/BKK/RGN and I would like to buy my duty free booze allowance in London as we have a fairly short transit time in Bangkok. Have had problems in the past at other airports with booze confiscated from transit passsengers even though sealed in a bag at London. Will this happen in BKK?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Scampston
Have had problems in the past at other airports with booze confiscated from transit passsengers even though sealed in a bag at London. Will this happen in BKK?
Yes it will happen again, best bet is to buy just before you board the plane in BKK
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
BKK 12 Hours

Hi

Travelling J on TG LHR BKK. Total 12 hour layover then TG BKK BOM.

plan to go to MBK market ( OT need to know where to buy sambal in bulk and "designer" products.

is there an arrivals lounge in BKK? pointers on avoiding any extra taxes since I will be leaving the airport.

On return, BOM BKK and then BKK NRT on TG A 380 J. Four days in Tokyo then NRT ORD on ANA.

Also have. AA EXP but suppose will have to stay with Star A for lounges ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.