Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

First class CDG-BKK route......which flight should I choose, based on meal times...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class CDG-BKK route......which flight should I choose, based on meal times...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:51 am
Original Poster

TG931
Paris(CDG) Bangkok(BKK)
13:30 06:30
+1 773

(FR) TG933
Paris(CDG) Bangkok(BKK)
21:20 14:20
+1

would TG933 serve dinner and lunch (no breakfast), or would both flights serve the same? Lunch and breakfast?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:23 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
TG931 will serve lunch (nuts & drinks, amuse-bouche, caviar, first course, main course, cheese plate, dessert & coffee) and two course breakfast.

I am not sure about TG933, but my vote would be for TG931, so you could experience First class service in its entirety...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
TG931
Paris(CDG) Bangkok(BKK)
13:30 06:30
+1 773

(FR) TG933
Paris(CDG) Bangkok(BKK)
21:20 14:20
+1

would TG933 serve dinner and lunch (no breakfast), or would both flights serve the same? Lunch and breakfast?
I would not be selecting on a basis of food, but suitability of timing and potential jet lag. And at this point, every FTer will give you different advice. Some of us prefer to arrive in the morning some afternoon/evening. I personally can sleep well on board, so I do not mind much. In this particular case, I would go for TG931. I would have long relaxing lunch, tried to be awake for at least 4 hours from the take off and then go to sleep. That way I shoudl be able to spend whole day in BKK and go to bed in the evening, potentially limiting jet lag as much as possible.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I would not be selecting on a basis of food, but suitability of timing and potential jet lag. And at this point, every FTer will give you different advice. Some of us prefer to arrive in the morning some afternoon/evening. I personally can sleep well on board, so I do not mind much. In this particular case, I would go for TG931. I would have long relaxing lunch, tried to be awake for at least 4 hours from the take off and then go to sleep. That way I shoudl be able to spend whole day in BKK and go to bed in the evening, potentially limiting jet lag as much as possible.
I think the food is nearly the same , only on the later flight it is served as a dinner.
But I prever always the later departing flights from europe !
Because from sleeping I have problems to sleep in afternoon, and the TG931 departure arrives aprox midnight ( in Europe timefeeling ) , just the time I get tired. With the later flight, I eat my dinner, drink a glas of wine and after I fall in sleep and can sleep aprox 6 h.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by bertheike
I think the food is nearly the same , only on the later flight it is served as a dinner.
But I prever always the later departing flights from europe !
Because from sleeping I have problems to sleep in afternoon, and the TG931 departure arrives aprox midnight ( in Europe timefeeling ) , just the time I get tired. With the later flight, I eat my dinner, drink a glas of wine and after I fall in sleep and can sleep aprox 6 h.
The problem here is that serious medical research suggests that you should behave "as if in destination timezone" as soon as possible. Apparently that is the best way to avoid jet lag and it indeed works for me. So if you can sleep "on order", and I can, then TG931 is ideal, because I am waking up already in the new timezone...
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vbroucek
The problem here is that serious medical research suggests that you should behave "as if in destination timezone" as soon as possible. Apparently that is the best way to avoid jet lag and it indeed works for me. So if you can sleep "on order", and I can, then TG931 is ideal, because I am waking up already in the new timezone...
i recently took 933 and woke up over the Himalaya for breakfast. Arrived in BKK at 12:30 and had no problem going about my day and getting to sleep in a reasonable fashion that night.

To directly answer one of the OP's questions, 933 serves dinner and breakfast, not lunch.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Until recently, there was no choice, so I have flown TG 931 countless times in F .
Never tried TG 933, but I must admit that arriving in Bangkok on TG 931 on saturday mornings , with a full week-end ahead, does it just fine for me after a long week of work in France.
I have tried TG 932, the daytime flight BKK-CDG, and enjoyed it very much( I was staying at the Sheraton afterwards, so it didn't take too much effort to carry my luggage to the hotel after a few bottles of Dom ) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.