Thai & Volcanic Ash Situation

Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Thanks BKKROP,

Have used all my Thai PAYG phone credit holding on the Thai contact centre line (ok was only 75 BHT)

Think I will visit the ticket office tomorrow (I am ROP Gold), and will post the outcome.

I am in Ratchaburi at the moment, so only a couple of hours in a minibus.

May well work in Malaysia for a week to let the backlog clear a bit. My Thai wife will be more dissapointed about returning to the uk late than I am !

Regards and Thanks,

Graham
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by BKKROP
..., THAI will fill their planes by reservation/ticket sequence, clearing the backlog first, then honouring existing bookings.[SNIP]
I do not believe they would do it that way. They cannot kick passangers with confirmed booking off and replace them with those stranded since that would constitue IDB with all the consequences (particularly on flights to EU)... I would rather believe that they will do what others do - honour existing bookings and fill the rest with those stranded. They may offer few VDB though.

To be honest, I do not think it will be too bad anyway. LH is reporting some planes coming home not even full (from HKG and BKK among others)...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I do not believe they would do it that way. They cannot kick passangers with confirmed booking off and replace them with those stranded since that would constitue IDB with all the consequences (particularly on flights to EU)... I would rather believe that they will do what others do - honour existing bookings and fill the rest with those stranded. They may offer few VDB though.

To be honest, I do not think it will be too bad anyway. LH is reporting some planes coming home not even full (from HKG and BKK among others)...
I believe you are correct, at least that's the way AF is doing it in order to avoid compensation.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:03 am

In defence of BKKROP, his info is repeated on the official Thai website announcements page.

However, what is said and what is actually done is not always the same thing .......

Regards, Graham
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
In defence of BKKROP, his info is repeated on the official Thai website announcements page.

However, what is said and what is actually done is not always the same thing .......

Regards, Graham
From THAI website:
The Company will waive all fees for changing flight route or issuance of a new ticket from Europe to Thailand and from Thailand to Europe for THAI ticket holders. Passengers are advised that the listing of passengers for travel is based on reservation sequence
I would interpret this as follows:
1) passengers booked for particular flight have their seats guaranteed
2) any free seats will be filled in with those above, based on their reservation sequence, or better I would argue on number of days stranded, fare buckets and other variables... In many cases status will also play role as has been proven on LH...

That's what others do, including that they (in some cases) do not allow taking seats from other fare buckets etc...

Your theory about using booking sequence only is flawed anyway, because for example my flights MEL-BKK-CDG on 6 May were booked in September 2009, so my ticketing/booking sequence number will for sure be lower than someones who booked flight in January for yesterday cancelled flight... So I should have priority anyway...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I can confirm that EVA have kicked confirmed ticket holders off upcoming flights (friends of mine have as of this morning been cancelled off tomorrows operating BKK-LHR). You have to presume they are therefore filling planes with those stranded longest (but that's a guess).

As for Thai, trying to speak to friends delayed from Sundays flights - not sure when they will get back on board, but they are ready to pounce on any available seats!!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I can confirm that EVA have kicked confirmed ticket holders off upcoming flights (friends of mine have as of this morning been cancelled off tomorrows operating BKK-LHR). You have to presume they are therefore filling planes with those stranded longest (but that's a guess).

As for Thai, trying to speak to friends delayed from Sundays flights - not sure when they will get back on board, but they are ready to pounce on any available seats!!
Well, we can all only speculate... I have just spoken with someone who came on TATL on LH (I know different airline, different route) and that bird was not even full. I have checked some TG flights BKK-CDG in KVS and they are mostly zeroed until 4/5 May (at least in whY). Maybe lucky me being in C
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: Thai Airways - Star Alliance Silver
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Best of luck, please keep us advised of what you hear/do, if you are TG Gold, I believe it is worth a visit to their office, regards
Thanks BKKROP. I have just got off the phone from 02-356-1111 (after a 30min wait) and have been told that I still have my seat confirmed (TG910 in F on 25APR). They mentioned that I will be contacted by phone should there be any changes. Hmmmmmmmmm.... uncertaintly is in the air and it certainly is bugging me
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:12 am

For info, the Thai website information popup (and hopefully via the links as well) has finally posted some useful info about confirmed flights to/from Europe.

This was posted at 18:30 Thai Time, with an update promised for 9am on the 22nd.

Some flights to/from London are shown.

Regards, Graham
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: ROP
Below is the link which mentioned by gwhiteuk.

http://www.thaiair.com/plan-your-tri...ght_Europe.htm
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Originally Posted by joy16
Below is the link which mentioned by gwhiteuk.

http://www.thaiair.com/plan-your-tri...ght_Europe.htm
Useful information, though it looks like TG have managed to mix up a few of their flight numbers. By the looks of things, any re-scheduled or emergency flights are coded as TGxxx9, where xxx is the usual flight number.
However, for some reason they have used the TG916/TG917 (BKK-LHR-BKK) flight numbers for the BKK-CDG-BKK rotation, rather than the normal TG930/TG931.
The scheduled departure time from BKK of 0005 fits with the normal CDG rotation, but where is the corresponding 1225 BKK-LHR flight?
A bit confusing to say the least.

Best of luck to all those affected,
JJJJS

Last edited by Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo; Apr 21, 2010 at 9:48 am Reason: correcting my 24 hour clock mistake
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Sam Bee

I can confirm that the above is hogwash, and I apologise profusely to EVA Air

They had taken the booking over from the agent so it was showing as cancelled - a quirk apparently. So they should be coming back tomorrow!

Last edited by Sam Bee; Apr 21, 2010 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
From THAI website:

I would interpret this as follows:
1) passengers booked for particular flight have their seats guaranteed
2) any free seats will be filled in with those above, based on their reservation sequence, or better I would argue on number of days stranded, fare buckets and other variables... In many cases status will also play role as has been proven on LH...

That's what others do, including that they (in some cases) do not allow taking seats from other fare buckets etc...

Your theory about using booking sequence only is flawed anyway, because for example my flights MEL-BKK-CDG on 6 May were booked in September 2009, so my ticketing/booking sequence number will for sure be lower than someones who booked flight in January for yesterday cancelled flight... So I should have priority anyway...

It is for sure: TG will respect existing bookings first and then fill up the flight"s available seats by stranded (returning) passengers first (in sequence of their original travel date, means those who were originally bookded on 16/17Apr wil be granted priority to those originally booked for 18/19/20April), and then those who are on their outbound trip and beginning their journey, also in sequence of originally planned travel date.
TG is aware that they cant kick off guests with confirmed reservations for the resumed flights in favour of strnded guests...tha twould result in a breach of contract.
The reason for the misleading flight numbers on CDG route is that they had intended to meanwhile operate / divert those flights to Toulouse and had assigned the TG9309/9319 flight numbers for the Toulouse fligths already.
same to/from Frankfurt today: flight no 9239 was used for the rerouted ZRH-BKK operation while TG 9259 operates from FRA (even though it would be a substitute to Munich)
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:30 pm

Hi,

I've just visited the THAI office at Luarn Luang (BKK). It was not very busy, no wait in the ROP Gold Q.

The normal Q only had 5 or 6 people waiting.

I was told TG916 was operating normally to London. All Flights to Europe expected to operate normally from Friday 23rd.

Was told additional flights to clear the backlog not yet confirmed.

My existing booking will be honoured, so back to UK Tomorrow.

Regards, Graham
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
My existing booking will be honoured, so back to UK Tomorrow.

Regards, Graham
Glad that it is exactly as I said...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.