Search

Lounge restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:31 pm
LPQ
Original Poster

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Lounge restrictions

I have noticed a sign in the BKK TG D lounge that from 1 April holders of Star Gold would no longer have access to the lounge. They could still use the C and E lounges. The D lounge will be restricted to F and C pax. A disappointing restriction.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
The "D" lounge , is that the one on the left or the right as you depart? thanks
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hmmmm....this news was reported some time ago. Thanks for the update.

I think it isn't un-reasonable - SQ does a similar thing at Changi, where *G and get to use the SATS Lounge and only business pax can use the Silver Kris lounge....
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: *A
unless the re-opened D lounges for *G temporarily over the last 3months, this policy has been in place for quite some time now.

Maybe it goes even back to last year April 1 and they just haven't replaced the sign

there have been quite a few discussions on here about it, so I am not going to open that can of worms...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by LPQ
I have noticed a sign in the BKK TG D lounge that from 1 April holders of Star Gold would no longer have access to the lounge. They could still use the C and E lounges. The D lounge will be restricted to F and C pax. A disappointing restriction.
Just returned from BKK, and yes, they did shut out the gold's.

I did manage to witness a less than polite gentleman, using foul language and physically kicking the glass door coupled with hand gestures at 510 am. I think they open at 515 am. From his accent, I can only assume he was one of the splendid English gentry who occasionally fly with us commoners!!!

Travel does entertain.....
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LPQ
The sign you saw was placed there before April 1 2009. This 'disappointing restriction' has been in place for a full year and isn't a big deal.

You can always head over to SQ's lounge with your *G card.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BKKROP
The "D" lounge , is that the one on the left or the right as you depart? thanks
You don't know where the D concourse lounge is?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: QF / QR WP, VA plat, SQ*G, HH diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The sign you saw was placed there before April 1 2009. This 'disappointing restriction' has been in place for a full year and isn't a big deal.

Was transiting BKK last friday sign was handwritten outside D lounge - I have never seen this before. A gentleman infront of me was allowed in D lounge with Star Gold Card on Y ticket after discussion with dragon at door.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by dsquared37

I like that lounge for the food but i closes quite early, esp. since SQ stopped their late flight to NRT.

anyhow, plenty of TG lounges in C and E that allow *G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.