Search

Why is TG F always full

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Why is TG F always full

I am vacationing in Thainland and cannot avoid "enjoying" the local news. There have been many recent posts on FT about some Thai VIP abusing their position by getting special privileges on TG. The most recent is Finance Minister KORN:
http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/12/...s_30119398.php

Of course, TG came to his defense:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009...s_30119457.php

This is a storm in a tea cup, but there might be two reactions to the repeated news of abuse, where all Thai VIPs(and there are many of them) and their family treat TG F class as their personal belonging. The first one is that the repeated media exposition will make Thai VIPs a bit more reluctant to annex the F cabin and transport free tons of excess luggage. The second one could be that they discover that their leaders abuse the sytsem even more than they do, a signal that all Thai VIPs can freely take advantage of TG , and of fare_paying pax, even more.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:49 am

Could not agree more.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
It sounds as if this happens on a regular basis...?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
full tg

Hi,
I just did a BKK CPh. That flight was full. Very few Thai VIPs on this sector. I have NEVER noticed any. It is the sector where I have been upgraded the most. However this time, even though the flight was full in Y I got no upgrade. I was 34c but someone in row 31 got upgraded instead along with 3 or 4 others but this would also have included those in U class who were pushed forward by the Y class upgrades. i wonder how this worked. maybe he was an ROP long before I was. Hi So thais mainly go to London where they can speak English. many of their kids study there so they go to visit and also for graduation. I once met a stunning yet a little short Thai hi so on a flight who told me how the whole corrupt system worked on the BKK LHR flights concerning the F class upgrades.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Just finished a roundtrip in F on TG (CDG-BKK-CDG). Outbound was booked full. Everyone was European. Not a single Thai national in F. Return, only 6 of 10 seats booked and again, not a single Thai national.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
In December I flew BKK-FRA on TG as the only passenger in F !
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
It sounds as if this happens on a regular basis...?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...sour-note.html

Originally Posted by coinhunter
Hi,
I just did a BKK CPh. That flight was full. Very few Thai VIPs on this sector. I have NEVER noticed any.
You won't see them on CPH flights, or ARN either, as there is no First on those flights for them to lord it in.

On the long haul flights LHR is the worst for the free upgrade mob, followed by FRA.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:17 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Jan 2010, BKK-PVG in F-5 seats taken, one Thai pax.
Dec 2009, LHR-BKK in F-full, all non-Thai pax
Oct 2009, LHR-BKK-LHR in F-full ex-LHR, mostly non-Thai pax but ex BKK only 3 pax and one Thai pax.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I flew AKL-LHR in TG F about a year ago. The BKK-LHR segment had a plane change so that the number of VIPs could be accommodated they told me.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN★
Smile

Originally Posted by Rambuster
In December I flew BKK-FRA on TG as the only passenger in F !
Same here!

I could not believe my luck. They let me have all the caviar.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:12 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Markie
I flew AKL-LHR in TG F about a year ago. The BKK-LHR segment had a plane change so that the number of VIPs could be accommodated they told me.
Thats the reason they swapped the last time I got TG'd on LHR-BKK.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: TfL Oyster Gold
Flew F BKK-LHR Dec 2009.

3 Pax, 2 European, 1 Thai.

I believe he was an airline employee as at the end of the flight he was studing some TG paperwork.

Upon boarding, I was ignored and found my own seat whilst the Thai gentleman was being attended to. However, the subsequent service was good.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:42 am

SYD-BKK: 3 F Pax

Flew TG458 SYD-BKK on 1/15 and there were three passengers in F; all non-Thai.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Solo in F TG 676 (BKK-NRT) Jan. 18

Was flying solo in F earlier today from BKK to NRT on TG 676! The service was impeccable since there are 2 flight attendants serving me. The only way it could be better is to have the new F. However, I do find it weird that I saw a few occupied seats when I OLCIed.

This is my second time flying solo in F (my first was on SQ's PVG-SIN flight 3 weeks ago).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
THAI show some 'low priority' seats in F and C as not available for OLCI but they are, in fact, free. Usually used to dump the newspapers....

I queried this when alone in F AKL-BKK on the 346 - I was in 02A, and 02E was showing as occupied....the Purser explained all. I guess if those seats are actually sold, then newspaper etc have to find a new home. I think that it is an odd practice - but that is what THAI does......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.