Best menu on f class:

Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Best menu on f class:

What do you choose & why ?

Menu 1
Tab-tim fish souffle
(Haw Mok) This delicate souffle is a traditional Thai dish of tab-tim fish, egg, basil leaf and fish sauce, served in a banana leaf cup
Menu 2
Roast duck with noodles & vegetables Chinese-style roasted duck, served with yellow and green noodles, and sauteed mixed vegetables.
Menu 3
Coguilles Saint Jacques with duchesse potatoes. Scallops in white wine cream sauce, seasoned with cayenne pepper and lemon juice
Menu 4
Noodles with lobster tail in omelette (Pad Thai) Sauteed glass noodles, tofu, ground peanuts, and tamarind juice all wrapped in omelette with lobster tail garnish.
Menu 5
Fish maw soup, with crab & bamboo pith Another traditional Thai favourite, braised fish maw with crab meat and bamboo pith, in Julienne of black mushrooms.
Menu 6
Ostrich breast with pasta Ostrich breast steak with brandy and Thai herb sauce, served with penne pasta, carrots and pumpkin flowers.
Menu 7
Sauteed pasta with shrimps
(Pad Kee Mao) Thai-style stir-fried pasta and shrimps, flavoured with sweet basil and chilli.
Menu 8
Grilled Tournedos a la Sompote (Our Executive Chef) Prime beef tournedos in tamarind and red wine sauce, served with baked potato and mixed vegetables.
Menu 9
Lobster Thermidor with duchesse potatoes Lobster cooked in berry sauce, served in its shell with mustard and mornay sauce, topped with glazed grated cheese.
Menu 10
Chicken supreme a la Rochanee (Created by Executive Chef Sompote) Chicken breast stuffed with diced smoked ham, morel mushrooms and seasonings, in bechamel sauce, with penne pasta and grilled paprika.
Menu 11
Semolina gnocchi with mushrooms & Zucchini (Vegetarian meal) Dumplings of potato, semolina and wheat flour, topped with grated Parmesan cheese, served with mushrooms, zucchini and tomato concase.
Menu 12
Rice porridge with fish or prawns
(Kow Tom Pla or Kow Tom Kung) Thai boiled rice porridge with slices of fish or prawns, garnished with pickled cabbage and coriander leaves.
Menu 13
Fillet of beef Rossini Grilled fillet steak topped with foie gras (goose liver), served with baked potato and mixed vegetables.
Menu 14
Stir-fried prawns, pork, or chicken with Chilli & basil (Pad Gaprow Kung, Moo, Kai) Thai-style stir-fried prawns, pork, or chicken with basil leaves, herbs, chilli and garlic, topped with an egg.
Menu 15
Chinese pork with noodles & broccoli
(Ba Mee Moo Daeng) Chinese-style barbequed pork in gravy, with egg noodles and Chinese broccoli.
Menu 16
Tom Yum Kung, with jasmine rice Thailand's favourite spicy soup with prawns, lemon grass and assorted herbs, served with fragrant jasmine rice.
Menu 17
Fried rice with prawns & egg (Kow Pad Kung) Another popular Thai-style favourite, rice fried with egg and prawns, topped with an over-easy egg.
Menu 18
Stir-fried vegetables with beancurd
(Pad Pak Tofu-vegetarian meal) Mixed stir-fried vegetables with tofu and mushrooms, served with steamed rice.
Menu 19
Beef stew, English style Braised brisket of beef in rich brown sauce, served with Italian pasta.
Menu 20
Prawn curry (Panaeng Kung) Prawns cooked in red curry paste and coconut milk, served with steamed rice, Chinese sausage and salted egg wedges.
Menu 21
Fish Chu-chee Traditional Thai dish of red snapper with chilli paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
Menu 22
Rice congee with minced pork (Joke Moo) Rice congee with minced pork balls, garnished with julienne of ginger, coriander and green onions.

Last edited by RICK69; Sep 30, 2009 at 6:04 pm
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi Rick69, if your question is which one do we choose, then my answer is that ex Aust I always used to order the Lobster, as it was a huge Tasmanian variety, out of BKK i love the duck.Out of CDG, the scallops were superb. After a while, I grew to want the choice of the daily offerings on the plane, it's one thing ordering something today, but by the time you fly, you fancy something on the menu, or what they are having across the aisle.

Then the unbelieveable happened .... they stopped the F service to Aust/NZ, and what good are points if you can't upgrade to FIRST.

Then just as we were getting used to SQ/BA and Virgin, they said " Glory be", the lightbulb appeared over someones head and they said , that F shall return to Australia, but only to Sydney. Truely Sydney doesn't understand good food, they wouldn't know a duchess potato from their foie gras. They are garish loud and obnoxious people, not like the kind generous and understanding folk from the southern capital. So they have more money, but we have had ours longer and know how to appreciate the finer things in life. THAI have made a bad mistake, we have to fly to Sydney in some clapped out QF bird with only a muffin thrown at us from the opposite aisle to eat. TG should understand the hardships they are forcing us to endure, for a pair of purple PJ's and a flight on the 346. We are being forced to do a day's work in Sydney, having your teeth extracted is preferable.
The Pad Thai with the lobster and prawns is awesome, regards bkkrop
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Hi Rick69, if your question is which one do we choose, then my answer is that ex Aust I always used to order the Lobster, as it was a huge Tasmanian variety, out of BKK i love the duck.Out of CDG, the scallops were superb. After a while, I grew to want the choice of the daily offerings on the plane, it's one thing ordering something today, but by the time you fly, you fancy something on the menu, or what they are having across the aisle.

Then the unbelieveable happened .... they stopped the F service to Aust/NZ, and what good are points if you can't upgrade to FIRST.

Then just as we were getting used to SQ/BA and Virgin, they said " Glory be", the lightbulb appeared over someones head and they said , that F shall return to Australia, but only to Sydney. Truely Sydney doesn't understand good food, they wouldn't know a duchess potato from their foie gras. They are garish loud and obnoxious people, not like the kind generous and understanding folk from the southern capital. So they have more money, but we have had ours longer and know how to appreciate the finer things in life. THAI have made a bad mistake, we have to fly to Sydney in some clapped out QF bird with only a muffin thrown at us from the opposite aisle to eat. TG should understand the hardships they are forcing us to endure, for a pair of purple PJ's and a flight on the 346. We are being forced to do a day's work in Sydney, having your teeth extracted is preferable.
The Pad Thai with the lobster and prawns is awesome, regards bkkrop

Classic! Us Sydneysiders are rutheless creatures!

That's why F is back on the menu!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:31 am

Programs: AC.SE
I usually order off the menu, but I once pre-ordered the fish chu-chee (#21). Very tasty sauce.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:07 am

Programs: BA*G
Originally Posted by ylwae
I usually order off the menu, but I once pre-ordered the fish chu-chee (#21). Very tasty sauce.
Had Lobster Thermidor out of LHR a few times and it was excellent. Departing BKK I would order something else, as it tends to be a dwarf lobster.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
ex-BKK I must say I was disappointed with the Pad Thai wrapped in Egg Omelette. The lobster that came with it was perhaps 3 small disks of lobster tail and they were really dry. The omelette was also dry while the Pad Thai was fine, it was nothing special.

However, ex-FCO, I had a delicious Tiger Prawn Green Curry that was made with eggplant. It didn't look appetising at all, but was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had on an airplane.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
CDG-BKK F Menu

My e-mail from Thai Airways Paris today for an upcoming flight. Any recent experiences / recommendations. Thanks.

PS- Can't say that I find the salutation or sign-off very professional (note the misspelling)

-------------

Good Afternoon mister

this is our First class menu

- HALF LOBSTER WITH AMERICAN SAUCE

- BEEF TOURNEDOS WITH PERIGOURDINE SAUCE

- STUFFED CHICKEN FILLET WITH MORREL CREAM SAUCE

- GRILLED SALMON WITH ASPARAGUS/FACETTE POTATO

- QUASI VEAL WITH SPICY SAUCE

- CONFIT DUCK LEG WITH BIGARADE SAUCE

- PAN-FRIED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE

- CHICKEN OR BEEF OR PRAWN GREEN CURRY (KIEW WAN) WITH STEAMED RICE

- CHICKEN OR BEEF OR PRAWN PA-NAENG CURRY WITH STEAMED RICE

- MARINATED COD FISH WITH CHILLI SAUCE SAM-ROS

- RISOTTO WITH ASSORTED MUSHROOMS

- VEGETABLES TAJINE

Yours Sincerely

Thaiairways reserevations Paris

------
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi seafood aficionado like myself obviously start off with the lobster, yet as years pass, our memory tricks us into believing that first one was a monster and since then, sizes have dimished, we find the prawns and the seafood very acceptable, and of late I have tried the duck on another route and enjoyed it.

If you do forget to order, don't worry, there's always a selection on board and the array and theatre of the entrees ( love how they do the caviar and vodha), will keep you enthralled. Keep space for the cheeses, of late there have been some interesting new additions. Experiment too, jump sideways into the Asian dinner selection, the small cakes are so sweet and delicious and I love the cauliflower soup. You will get the idea once it all starts that every dish should have it's own wine, liquer or spirit, it is enjoyable and well thought out, from a practical point of view, a sip, for the effect, is adequate
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
The Pad Thai with the lobster and prawns is awesome,
Is that number 4 in the original list in post 1?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
Lobster Thermidor is my all time favorite !
I am having it next week both ways NRT-BKK and back
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff
QUASI VEAL WITH SPICY SAUCE
I'd love to know what this is all about.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ylwae
I'd love to know what this is all about.
Clearly, genetic engineering! After all, most things produced in Thailand for consumption are over-dosed on growth hormones, antibiotics...even vegetarians are likely to end up full of DDT or similar.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Clearly, genetic engineering! After all, most things produced in Thailand for consumption are over-dosed on growth hormones, antibiotics...even vegetarians are likely to end up full of DDT or similar.
Actually this is available ex-CDG so chances are it is sourced in France.
I had it on my last flight from CDG and enjoyed it a lot.
It's a round piece of veal, slowly cooked in a japanese style curry ( mild but with a spicy finnish ) and served with a mushroom fricassee.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by pansted00
Actually this is available ex-CDG so chances are it is sourced in France.
I had it on my last flight from CDG and enjoyed it a lot.
It's a round piece of veal, slowly cooked in a japanese style curry ( mild but with a spicy finnish ) and served with a mushroom fricassee.
Excellent. I will try this on my flight next week and report back.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I thought maybe it was a soy product...

As it turns out, it's actually a cut of veal. I didn't know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.