Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Anyone know DFW Toll Cost?

Anyone know DFW Toll Cost?

Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Question Anyone know DFW Toll Cost?

Hey everyone!

So, I'm flying into DFW on Friday for the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone knew how much the tolls are to get in/out of the airport? This is the first time I'll be renting a car, and needing to drive back to the airport (It's usually someone else driving)..

I tried the North Texas Toll Authority, and the DFW website, and I can't find anything!

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:38 am

The rental car facility is outside the toll booths on the south side of the airport. No tolls are required.

Back in the old days the rental cars were inside the toll booths and they gave you a voucher to hand in at the booth.

If you enter/exit the airport at the south end (TX 183) you will be fine. If you want to exit or enter at north end you can stay on the service road and avoid the toll (but watch your speed).
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cordata
If you enter/exit the airport at the south end (TX 183) you will be fine. If you want to exit or enter at north end you can stay on the service road and avoid the toll (but watch your speed).
I actually have to return to the airport to pick someone up the day after I arrive, so I will be needing to drive to Term E.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Josher747
I actually have to return to the airport to pick someone up the day after I arrive, so I will be needing to drive to Term E.
$2 0-8 minutes

$1 9-30 minutes

$2 31-120 minutes

The airport discourages people from just driving thru the airport by dinging them for $2 for being there less than 8 minutes.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PLT, WN A-List Preferred, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite
The last few times I had to pickup or drop someone off, I came in and left through the same side (North side) and wasn't charged.

I didn't park, just pulled up to the curb then went back.

It may be different if you enter on one side and leave through the other, that is come in from the north and leave through the south.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the South forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:33 pm

Every single time I have gone in to pick someone up (or be picked up), as long as it was wunder 2 hours I was charged $1. I have NEVER been charged more than that.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help, everyone!
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when going thru, you can tell them it is a rental car, and no charge. if you take the access road, it is only a few minutes longer, and probably takes less time than the toll booth note taking takes.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by arlhello
Every single time I have gone in to pick someone up (or be picked up), as long as it was wunder 2 hours I was charged $1. I have NEVER been charged more than that.
It's definitely $2 for 31 minutes to 2 hours. I know because I pay that particular amount/time combo several times a week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.