Wiki Posts
Search

Runway view suites at either DFW Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Runway view suites at either DFW Hyatt

I am currently enjoying a stay in a gigantic runway view suite at the Renaissance Concourse ATL, thanks to my sister’s idea of celebrating her birthday this way. I am a travel advisor based in Dallas and thought maybe I could have some sort of little client soirée in a suite at one of the DFW Hyatt hotels, where we could celebrate the return to travel by watching some planes. Since most of my clients are from the area, few have any reason to stay there so I haven’t ever had occasion to check out the views. If it is like ATL, those primo suites have to be booked directly. Just curious if anyone has ever stayed in a runway view suite at either property and what your experience was. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2021, 11:04 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
What a great idea.

I’ve had a couple of stays in a Runway View Room at the Grand Hyatt DFW, above Terminal D. However, the Presidential Suite (stock photo) may be more to your liking. Bookable on-line, but availability seems tight over the next few months.

From the hotel website:

“Luxuriate in this secluded top-floor suite and 1,200 square feet of space featuring a king bed, separate living area with 1.5 baths and a wet bar, in-room computer and printer, and dazzling views of the DFW Airport runway”.
Attached Images  
aztimm likes this.

Last edited by DC9; Jun 20, 2021 at 3:53 am
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I saw that and checked some dates. That suite looks great. But sometimes there are suite categories not even listed on the website (it’s hard to track down the governor’s suites here, for example, and it will never show as available on the online inventory—requires a phone call to a specific person). When I get back to Dallas I plan to do some detective work and maybe set up a site visit to each.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:17 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
“Luxuriate in this secluded top-floor suite and 1,200 square feet of space featuring a king bed, separate living area with 1.5 baths and a wet bar, in-room computer and printer, and dazzling views of the DFW Airport runway”.
Makes me wish I was rich
DC9 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Years ago I helped run an event at the DFW Grand Hyatt (the one at D), and I was put in some sort of suite with a huge conference table and I had awesome views of the runway. I wasn't in the room all that much, but whenever I was and it was daylight, I had the drapes open and watched al the aircraft movement below. It was very cool!
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

The Renaissance also fronts onto some sort of plane parking area adjacent to the runway... those planes were so close we could read the tail number on the ones parked at a decent angle, and look up on Flightaware where they had been and where they were going. But next time we need to remember to bring binoculars! I am very excited about doing this for clients (and feel like it would be good for my marketing efforts) so I hope I can afford it. 🙏 And I hope there are some planespotting nerds among them.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
You may want to inquire if they have a runway view hospitality suite, vs a standard bedroom suite. Unless you want to stay overnight
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Definitely go with the Grand Hyatt as others have stated, right on the International Terminal so lots of heavys coming and going

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.