Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Places to visit from Dallas. Planning for a 4-7 days trip.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
We visited Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Looking for suggestions for places to visit (Around 8hours drive from DFW). Thinking about Rocky Mountains. But it is 12 hour drive from Dallas. Any recommendations. Would like to plan for Hotel stay. We got amazing recommendations and help from Forum members when we did a trip to Miami.

Thanks
Old May 23, 2021, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Our options are,
1. Rocky mountain national park. It takes 12 hours. Need to take a break in between. 4 days for driving and 3 days to see RMNP. Are there any things to cover during the trip where we take a break.

2. Big bend park : We can drive there in a day.

3. Corpus Christie : We can drive three in a day. We can also plan to visit San Antonio / Austin and visit some places (Natural Bridge Caverns, River walk and some places in Austin).
Old May 24, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Where are you coming from that you'd be looking to come to Dallas and then do an 8-12 hour drive?
Old May 24, 2021, 5:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by rustum76
Our options are,
1. Rocky mountain national park. It takes 12 hours. Need to take a break in between. 4 days for driving and 3 days to see RMNP. Are there any things to cover during the trip where we take a break.

2. Big bend park : We can drive there in a day.

3. Corpus Christie : We can drive three in a day. We can also plan to visit San Antonio / Austin and visit some places (Natural Bridge Caverns, River walk and some places in Austin).
If you are flying to DFW or DAL, why not concentrate your time in the Dallas area?

If you want to visit Rocky Mountain NP, why not fly to DEN, which would be much closer?
Yes, Big Bend NP is supposed to be amazing. But it is very much isolated, and a long drive from almost anywhere. I've looked at going there (from metro Austin), and it is really far. I'd definitely plan several days when I eventually take that trip.
Corpus Christi has its own airport, again if you want to visit, why not just fly to CRP? SAT would be closer than DFW.

There are tons of things to see in the Dallas area. For 4 days, I think you can easily keep yourself busy. With 7 days, you could add in adaytrip or 2, but I'd focus on places within 2 hours or so.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:17 pm

Check these beautiful places while on your trip to Dallas
Austin, TX
The capital of Texas and self-broadcasted Live Music Capital of the World is the ideal end-of-the-week trip from Dallas for those hoping to keep things somewhat weird.
New Orleans, LA
Highlighting the absolute best food, music, and culture in the entirety of the nation, having a city as unimaginable as NOLA reachable as an excursion from Dallas is certainly something to exploit!
Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City may not be what you quickly consider when considering moving away from Dallas for an end of the week, yet this more modest city toward the north offers an astonishing number of things to see and do!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
If you are in Dallas, easy trip would be over the Fort Worth and the Stockyards, that a good afternoon wandering round, good number of restaurants, if its a Friday or Saturday, they have the Rodeo on there too which is a good night
EmailKid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.