Search

DFW Rental Cars

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
DFW Rental Cars

What's going on in Dallas this weekend? Trying to rent a car from Avis, Hertz or National for a one-day rental this Saturday and no one has available vehicles.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PresRDC
What's going on in Dallas this weekend? Trying to rent a car from Avis, Hertz or National for a one-day rental this Saturday and no one has available vehicles.
I'm looking on Hertz and I see both medium and large sedans available ($28-29/day, plus tax w/my corp ID). Perhaps it is my company ID that gets me something?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Must be. I get nothing and my corporate IDs aren't helping me with National or Avis. I was able to get an (expensive) rental through Sixt.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Sixt agent thought the recent winter weather was impacting the number of rental cars available in TX. Not sure I buy that one.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PresRDC
The Sixt agent thought the recent winter weather was impacting the number of rental cars available in TX. Not sure I buy that one.
Thanks for the update!
I don't really buy that excuse either. Sure there were people renting cars because they couldn't get flights, but that was happening both in and out of Texas. And yes, more people are renting cars for roadtrips during the pandemic -v- flying. But that's been going on almost a year, and I didn't have any issues renting from my HLE.
Hertz was offering very low rates to drive vehicles to NC and FL, possibly other areas, and I don't remember them doing that before. Maybe they moved too many vehicles, too soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.