Old Mar 26, 20, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LT Plt, 4mm, *A Silver, Free Agent
Texas COVID-19 / Coronavirus Updates

Texas Coronavirus daily link feel free to move

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83
aztimm likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks to @boerne for the helpful information! Let's use this thread for discussions of Coronavirus in Texas.

On a few occasions, this community has discussed topics not directly related to travel. Many of our participating members live in Texas, I think it reasonable for use to host a Texas-specific thread on this topic. A few guidelines:

1) Keep discussions specific to Texas updates, restrictions, transit, travel, and personal considerations relevant to Texans
2) This is not the place for general discussions of COVID-19, travel bans, or politics.
- For general discussions, see the new forum that was launched Mar 5: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/
- For political discussions, see the OMNI/PR thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni...lobal-gdp.html
3) Any posts that do not meet above guidelines will be removed

Last edited by aztimm; Mar 26, 20 at 12:52 pm
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Shelter in Place," orders for specific counties/cities

Please let me know if there is a more comprehensive source, this information seems to be changing multiple times a day. As of now, this seems to be the latest:

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...t-home-orders/
Texas cities and counties continue to issue their own stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders after Gov. Greg Abbott declined to issue a statewide order. He said he preferred local governments decide for themselves.

So far, many of Texas’ largest cities and counties have already announced stay-at-home orders and many other have announced plans to follow suit Tuesday.

Stay-at-home and shelter-in-place are essentially the same thing. City and county leaders though have started moving more to calling it a stay-at-home order so people don’t get it confused with orders during something like a hurricane or active shooter.
List of counties/cities (alpha):
  • Amarillo
  • Bell County
  • Bexar County (San Antonio)
  • Brazos County
  • Burnet County
  • Cameron County
  • Canyon
  • Castro County
  • Collin County
  • Dallas County (Dallas)
  • Denton County
  • El Paso County
  • Fort Bend County
  • Galveston County
  • Harris County (Houston)
  • Hays County
  • Hidalgo County
  • Hunt County
  • Lampasas (City)
  • McLennan County (Waco)
  • Rockwall County
  • Tarrant County (Fort Worth)
  • Travis County (Austin)
  • Williamson County

Last edited by aztimm; Mar 31, 20 at 4:02 pm
Old Mar 26, 20, 4:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure how often they update the info in the OP's link, but every morning I receive an update from Collin County. This mornings info had the following specifics:

Public Health Report
  • There have been 66 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Collin County.
  • 15 people have successfully recovered. Six are hospitalized and 44 remain in home isolation.
  • There has been 1 confirmed death associated with COVID-19 in Collin County.
  • There are 95 Persons Under Monitoring (PUM) in Collin County at this time.
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

thank you aztimm. well done. I will move my central texas updates to this forum.

Texas medical association and Texas stay at home orders, 3-26

https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicine...n5D1&_zl=46if5
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:59 pm

Gov. Greg Abbott orders air travelers from New Orleans and around New York to self-qu

I'm seeing this from multiple news sources:
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...d-new-orleans/

Gov. Greg Abbott orders air travelers from New Orleans and around New York to self-quarantine

Gov. Greg Abbott unveiled an executive order Thursday requiring visitors flying to Texas from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Orleans to self-quarantine for 14 days during the coronavirus pandemic.

The order aligns Texas with federal guidance announced Wednesday that aims to contain the spread of the virus outside New York, which has become the epicenter of the outbreak in the United States. New Orleans, the biggest city in neighboring Louisiana, is seeing its own rise in cases.
It sounds like this is on the honor system. I guess they can have a DPS officer meet flights from NYC and MSY at gates?

Ok, here is a bit more detail:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/publ...t-new-orleans/
Air travelers flying to Texas from the places mentioned in his order will be given a form, on which they’ll provide contact information and designate their quarantine area while in Texas, he said.

“The Department of Public Safety troopers will conduct visits to those designated quarantine locations to verify compliance with this executive order,” Abbott said.

“Failure to comply with this order is considered to be a criminal offense that is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 or 180 days in jail or both,” he said.

Last edited by aztimm; Mar 26, 20 at 7:05 pm
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:20 am
Original Poster

The first case in Arkansas was in Pine Bluff, and was somebody who was at Mardi Gras. That resident physician treated the patient then went back to Little Rock and got a bunch of other residents and nurses positive. New Orleans may blow up like northern Italy.

Here is last nights update for central Texas. Don't let up doing all the things, but this might suggest a flattening curve.

Last night around 5 pm.
Old Mar 27, 20, 1:40 pm

Thanks for the update!
My county had 5 new cases Wed-Thurs, and then 7 Thurs-Fri. I'm hoping it doesn't go up again tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 20, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

A good friend in Harris county is on the daily Texas Medical Center Zoom pandemic update. They are predicting in Harris county the peak of disease between April 8 and April 15. I have not seen that assessment for Central Texas but I will ask. Will report back if I get an answer. It boggles my mind. I went to 2 grocery stores today to touch up our supplies. Nothing outrageous. I was the only one in a mask in the HEB and 1 of 2 at Whole Foods. People really stayed away from me, and I was glad for it.
aztimm likes this.
Old Mar 29, 20, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Just in,"If you practice or perform procedures at an ambulatory surgical center (ASC), and you want to help keep that ASC in good standing with the state of Texas, you better act quick.

Late yesterday afternoon, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) sent an email alerting ASC operators of a new emergency requirement for them to report by 10 am (CT) Monday, March 30, the number, make, and model of ventilators, anesthesia machines, ultrasound machines, and bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAPs) they have on hand."

“ASCs must report this information by the required due date but are strongly encouraged to report this information as soon as possible,” the agency wrote in the guidance letter it issued Friday. “The frequency for reporting required information is weekly, unless directed otherwise by [the Texas Department of State Health Services] DSHS.”
aztimm likes this.
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:52 pm

The quarantine order has been expanded:
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...from-louisiana

Gov. Greg Abbott on Sunday expanded the state’s mandatory self-quarantine order for travel from coronavirus hot spots, including road travel out of Louisiana.

The Texas Department of Public Safety will monitor interstates and other entry points into Texas to ensure that travelers out of Louisiana abide by the 14-day quarantine, or length of stay in Texas, whichever is shortest, Abbott said.

Commercial travel will be exempt, he said.

Abbott also expanded the mandatory quarantine order to include travelers on flights out of Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago and any airport in California and Washington state.

Now I'm curious if there are barricades set up at the TX-LA border...
Old Mar 29, 20, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PP, DL GM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Being in health care, occasionally I am still flying for work, out one day, work and return the next. I live in Iowa and fly out of DSM, often connecting through ORD. What can I expect when I land in say San Antonio, rent a car, drive to work case, back to hotel and fly out next next?
Old Mar 30, 20, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dorisrpas View Post
Being in health care, occasionally I am still flying for work, out one day, work and return the next. I live in Iowa and fly out of DSM, often connecting through ORD. What can I expect when I land in say San Antonio, rent a car, drive to work case, back to hotel and fly out next next?
well you arent from a quarantine location, see the above link with the expanded cities. Traffic is way down so that makes it easier. Health care is an essential occupation. if you have a letter from a supervisor in case someone stops you, that might be helpful.

Another reason testing in Central Texas is very low.

Old Mar 30, 20, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PP, DL GM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Thanks Boerne. I was hoping that just connecting thru Chicago/ORD wasn't the same as originating from Chicago in regards to all this, since not really clear from "Abbott also expanded the mandatory quarantine order to include travelers on flights out of Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago and any airport in California and Washington state."
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:19 am
Original Poster

well hmm that is kinda ambiguous now that you mention it. I will look around.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: