INTL -> Domestic xfer at IAH

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
INTL -> Domestic xfer at IAH

I love flying into IAH and will prioritize it in my travels
Lately the xfer desk has become a ^*&( show and takes forever

This morning I dropped off my bags and went out, then upstairs and thru Pre-check and took about 10 minutes

Is this legal, normal, not sure?? I don't think I broke any TSA policy, but is there a reason i should/shouldn't do it?

Was nice to leave shoes/belt on, laptop in bag etc instead of the throngs of people, yelling agents and disrobing at the xfer desk that has become the norm
Old May 30, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I love flying into IAH and will prioritize it in my travels
Lately the xfer desk has become a ^*&( show and takes forever

This morning I dropped off my bags and went out, then upstairs and thru Pre-check and took about 10 minutes

Is this legal, normal, not sure?? I don't think I broke any TSA policy, but is there a reason i should/shouldn't do it?

Was nice to leave shoes/belt on, laptop in bag etc instead of the throngs of people, yelling agents and disrobing at the xfer desk that has become the norm
No rule against it at all. If you were a smoker, for example, you'd have to do that if you wanted to take a cigarette break between flights.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA
Its frequently MUCH quicker to just walk out the doors to street side in Terminal E after clearing customs, then go thru security with the people starting off in Houston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.