Price of pre-paid Terminal parking at DFW airport

Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver

Hi all,

TL;DR at the end
I fail to understand how the pricing of pre-paid Terminal parking works at DFW airport. One and a half weeks ago I had used it for the first time, made the booking on a Wednesday evening for the following midday, Thursday to Sunday costed $8 per day to park at Terminal D or E, a great price. I had also been checking for another stay Thursday to Sunday two weeks later which came out at $8 per day as well. Since I had no experience of how well it works I decided to book the other period at a later stage.

Turns out it works flawlessly so I checked for the same time period a few days ago. It costed $14 per day at the time for Terminal parking. Thought maybe it has to do with capacity and I check a random future date in November - also $14 per day. I did not do the booking.
Checking today for the same period next week, it costs $20 per day for Terminal parking. Also another random date in October / November costs $20 per day. I did the same test on my smartphone with mobile data and incognito browsing to avoid any cookies that might be present on my laptop. It shows me $20 per day as well.

TL;DR: pre-paid Terminal parking prices for any random date went from $8 per day one and a half weeks ago to $14 per day a few days ago to $20 per day when checking today.

Do you have any tips or hints in order to get "reasonable" parking prices? What are your experiences with pre-paid parking at DFW?
I am aware that there is the covered and uncovered parking available at cheaper prices but the transfer to the terminal adds a level of inconvenience so that I can also take an Uber to the airport.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
HeartFist
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:53 pm

When I have gone to book it, it usually tells you the amount of discount. If I remember correctly, 50% off if you park beginning on Thursday or Friday and out on Sunday or so. Only 20% or so, if it is at the start of the week. It is all dependent on the day of the week and length of stay.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Thanks for your feedback. This seems to be the case most of the times, but not always. On Tuesday last week I finally booked the Terminal parking for two days later (Thursday to Sunday) with 50% off, so it came out at $12 a day.

A moment ago I booked Terminal parking for Thursday to Monday later this month at $8 per day. At this rate it is a real bargain and does not need a second thought. It said on the website:
- Take advantage of special weekend rates
- Book 7 days or more in advance and save up to an additional 20%
However the $8 are 66.67% off the regular rate of $24 or another 33.33% off the already discounted, special weekend rate of $12.

I will not overthink this and just did a couple of more bookings for other trips which all ended up being $8 a day. So the only consistent experience I can share is that if you have a certain daily price this price will be applicable to future dates, too, if doing the booking on the same day. And sometimes it can be cheaper to put the return time more in the future so you get another full day price of $8 instead of one full day less plus the rate for 4-6h (of $10).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:24 pm

I started booking my reservations for full 24 hour periods when I planned on one trip to do a sameday later flight on the return. I then realized in case I ever get delayed, it would be better to book full 24 hour periods, because while they give you a 4-hour grace, after that they start charging additional days on the exit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.