Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Please help - laptop lost & found at Houston Hobby airport

Old Dec 15, 17, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Please move to right forum if not allowed here. A fellow traveler name A** B** left her Surface Pro Laptop at security at Houston Hobby airport. Please claim it and she will forward info to pay for it to be shaped to her. Thank You.

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 16, 17 at 8:19 am Reason: Removed name per FT's privacy rules
Old Dec 16, 17, 7:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by carnivaltime View Post
Please move to right forum if not allowed here. A fellow traveler name A** B** left her Surface Pro Laptop at security at Houston Hobby airport. Please claim it and she will forward info to pay for it to be shaped to her. Thank You.
I’m doubting most List And Found departments or other official departments charged with storing and returning goods will be willing to just turn over a laptop to just anyone who waltzes in and is claiming to be returning it to the lawful owner.

I believe A** B** will have to make the contacts required and inquire how she can get it back. (I did something similar at another airport and had to be able to identify the device and provide acceptable waivers so they would release it to a local FlyerTalker - who then FedExed it back to me. (I did compensate that member.)

Good luck.
Old Nov 8, 18, 8:41 am

Some ports don't return lost goods. A friend lost her iphone and never got the phone back she just had to go get another.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sometimes the easiest thing is to simply follow the instructions on both the HOU and TSA websites, e.g. call the local TSA office (it maintains its own L&F). TSA will ship with proper identifying information provided, so long as you provide a prepaid Fedex label (which you can generate through Fedex).

I know plenty of people who have left a laptop or mobile behind at a checkpoint and have retrieved it via this method.
EmailKid likes this.

Search this Thread