Last edit by: aztimm
AUS / Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

AA Forum: AUS-Bergstrom Internation Airport thread

BA Forum: Thread about AUS-LHR Service

Hertz at AUS: Austin Bergstrom Airport

Valet Parking at Austin-Bergstrom

AUS Ready for 747 Charters

International Arrivals at AUS

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]

Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]

We'll use this thread for general questions about the AUS airport.

Please check out the links in the Wikipost above for existing threads.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I finally signed up for Twitter and I follow the AUS feed. I found this chart interesting...guess the new gates are definitely needed.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
OK, that's funny

The hottest and most miserable month gets most travellers

OK, the weather is cold and VERY windy right now, but still ....

BTW, for my fellow Budget Travelers I stongly recommend #100 express bus which goes through downtown and ends at UT.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Or, at least Uber and Lyft are back so we have decent priced car services into the city now, rather than the taxis!
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:53 pm

Big fan of bus #100 to downtown and UT. As carryon only guy this worked great, actually mostly TO the airport when there were some OUTSTANDING fares ex AUS to Latin America last year Would LOVE to see some more $3xx r/t fares again this year .....
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
#100 airport flyer route is going away June 2018. It only had 5 stops between downtown and the airport so it wasn't much slower than a private car. Ran every 30 min.

#20 route (Riverside) is being extended to go to the airport and will run every 15 min most of the day. But there will now be 26 stops between downtown and the airport.

I'll no longer take the bus to the airport but will probably take it coming home when I'm not pressed for time.

I'd love to see limited stop rail service connecting UT, downtown, and the airport but the #100 airport flyer didn't have high ridership unfortunately.
screeton likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by rayfes

I'd love to see limited stop rail service connecting UT, downtown, and the airport but the #100 airport flyer didn't have high ridership unfortunately.
This is sad to see, as I have another flight from AUS in September, and was planning on positioning via Megabus, which connects nicely to #100 .

My one trip from the airport and to the airport indeed had few pax going all the way to/from AUS.

I'll probably have to spend the night in Austin, as I don't like the idea of only having two hours between published arrival time and departure, though depending on how much Uber or whatever it is that Austin has may be cheaper than staying the night.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
I finally signed up for Twitter and I follow the AUS feed. I found this chart interesting...guess the new gates are definitely needed.
And now here is AUS traffic, updated with info from July 2020:

AUSTIN, TEXAS Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, passenger traffic decreased in July 2020 by 75.3% compared to July 2019 with 406,065 passengers flying during the month.

July2020

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for July 2020was 406,065down 75.3% compared to July 2019. July 2020 enplanements totaled 208,539, down 74.6%. Southwest Airlines passengers totaled 140,931, down 74.4%;American Airlines passengers totaled 88,116, down 67.4%; Spirit Airlines passengers totaled 65,797, down 18.7%; United Airlines passengers totaled 28,590, down 87.3%; Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 27,608, down 87.5%; Alaska Airlines passengers totaled 20,848, down 67.2%; Allegiant Air passengers totaled 13,918, down 43.1%; Frontier Airlines passengers totaled 11,921, down 88.7%;JetBlue Airways passengers totaled 4,839, down 90.5%; Sun Country passengers totaled 3,119, down 54.6%; and Aeromexico passengers totaled 378.
July 2020 Passenger, Cargo Traffic at Austin-Bergstrom | AustinTexas.gov

Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed this story today and thought it was interesting:
https://www.kvue.com/article/money/e...e-9a413542b79b

These are the big pieces:

The program will include:
  • Optimization of the Barbara Jordan Terminal
  • Enabling airfield and utility work to include building a new Central Utility Plant and removing existing structures to prepare for construction activities
  • Preparing for a new Midfield Concourse with more than 10 new gates and two new taxiways
The improvements will be funded through sources like airport cash reserves, current and future airport revenues, future revenue bond proceeds and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grants. Contract opportunities to support the improvements will be released later this summer, with public engagement opportunities expected to begin this fall.
They've been talking about that new concourse for a while, guess it will finally come to fruition!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
They've been talking about that new concourse for a while, guess it will finally come to fruition!
AA is sort of making AUS a focus city, and many other airlines starting new flights as well, including Alaska (airline, not the state).
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by EmailKid
AA is sort of making AUS a focus city, and many other airlines starting new flights as well, including Alaska (airline, not the state).
DL already declared it as a focus city as well. Lots of options coming for AUS flyers in addition to the current service offered by WN
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
DL already declared it as a focus city as well. Lots of options coming for AUS flyers in addition to the current service offered by WN
I loved some of the fares out of AUS when I was in Dallas

Quick (relatively) Megabus or FlixBus ride away, and when (if) I return to Texas I hope a fare war ensues (were to Latin America, but would love to see Asia and Europe as well).
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Quick (relatively) Megabus or FlixBus ride away, and when (if) I return to Texas I hope a fare war ensues (were to Latin America, but would love to see Asia and Europe as well).
There's some pretty good deals out there now
I booked one of the new(ish) AA AUS-BNA fares for October, about $250 all-in. I'm actually going to Chattanooga, but figured rather than change at DFW or CLT, I can fly nonstop and just drive the 2 hours.
BA also has some decent fares out there, about $700 to the Balkans in coach , or around $2k in business (with the AARP and Chase discounts)
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador

We may be moving to AUS in the next couple of months so I always like seeing more service there. Hoping DL can come in with a true hub operation given UA in IAH and AA in DFW both have large hubs in the area.
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
I have a long layover at AUS coming up. Is it possible to easily get to the Whataburger next to the cell phone lot? It's a little hard to tell (because Google's street view and satellite imagery is old), but it appears to be walkable from the Hyatt Place. Any issue with using their shuttle to get there and back, or will they turn me away if I'm not a hotel guest?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.