Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]

AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 1, 17, 5:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: aztimm
Wiki Link
AUS / Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

AA Forum: AUS-Bergstrom Internation Airport thread

BA Forum: Thread about AUS-LHR Service

Hertz at AUS: Austin Bergstrom Airport

Valet Parking at Austin-Bergstrom

AUS Ready for 747 Charters

International Arrivals at AUS

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 12, 22, 1:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
I've been upgraded into F on a scheduled UA AUS-IAH flight and the FA's never even got out of their seats.
Old Aug 25, 22, 12:04 pm

Hi,

A reddit poster requested that anyone with shots of QF7 visiting Austin share pictures with y'all of both QF7, so here they are along with some of LH440, the Lufthansa B748 that diverted from IAH yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't post the images directly or link to the imgur albums because I am a new poster, but you can copy/paste these to view via imgur:

LH440: /a/6jkR1XV
QF7: /a/B3de2W2
@atx.spotter on Instagram
Old Aug 26, 22, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Well, that is a creative way of allowing us to see the photos. Thanks for taking the time.
Old Sep 7, 22, 9:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm a little late to the party, but there was a power outage at AUS this morning that pretty much shut down everything. Power is restored, but sounds like it is still a mess:
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...port-terminal/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Power was restored to Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after travelers were left in the dark for two to three hours that morning.

The airport posted on social media just before 5 a.m. confirming a power outage in the terminal. It said, “airport teams have been dispatched to investigate the cause of the outage.” An AUS spokesperson told KXAN just before 6:30 a.m. backup generators did kick in then.

AUS said flights were previously halted, but as of 9:48 a.m. the ground stop was lifted. KXAN crews inside the terminal said security lines began screening passengers at 7:40 a.m., and AUS officials confirmed this.
I'm flying out later today on the BA flight, so hoping everything is better (I'm sure not best) by then. The aircraft left LHR on-time and is scheduled to arrive at AUS on-time.
Old Sep 7, 22, 9:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
The BA flight should be fine, but I'm sure iit was a mess this morning. I flew out yesterday and that place is packed at all times now
Old Sep 7, 22, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
The BA flight should be fine, but I'm sure iit was a mess this morning. I flew out yesterday and that place is packed at all times now
Oh if you have time to kill, check this thread on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/comm...ort_just_lose/

There are stories of people walking from the TX-71 interchange to the terminal (I'm guessing 1/2 mile), with roller bags, etc. Also people joking about campfires at some gates...and a UA agent manually wrote out boarding passes to get a flight out.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 11:55 am

I'll check that out at lunch!

Search this Thread