Last edit by: aztimm
AUS / Austin-Bergstrom International Airport

AA Forum: AUS-Bergstrom Internation Airport thread

BA Forum: Thread about AUS-LHR Service

Hertz at AUS: Austin Bergstrom Airport

Valet Parking at Austin-Bergstrom

AUS Ready for 747 Charters

International Arrivals at AUS

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]

Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
AUS tweeted this photo a few days ago... BA, VS, and LH. Just missing KL

Amazing that there are now 4 airlines doing TA service from AUS.

EmailKid likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Now I just need to find a house there
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Then what trip reports will we be able to look forward to?

David
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELee
Then what trip reports will we be able to look forward to?

David
Trip reports that start and end in AUS! I'm in the middle of the Maldives/Netherlands/Greece one now
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think the housing market is starting to at least stabilize, if not fall slightly. At least out where I live. Closer to downtown I think it will take longer.

I was holding out for a BA fare to drop so I could use the nonstop AUS-LHR for both legs, and eventually it did. Then I double dipped with the AARP and Chase discounts (almost worth it to have both even if you just fly BA once or twice a year). With more competition, fares to Europe are better. It is so nice going straight from and back to AUS.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Trip reports that start and end in AUS! I'm in the middle of the Maldives/Netherlands/Greece one now
At least before COVID, fares were significantly less if you started/ended at AUS, even if you connected to the same long-haul flights at DFW. I remember flying AUS-DFW-PEK for like $600 round-trip, and just the DFW-PEK round trip was closer to $1000.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by aztimm
I think the housing market is starting to at least stabilize, if not fall slightly. At least out where I live. Closer to downtown I think it will take longer.

I was holding out for a BA fare to drop so I could use the nonstop AUS-LHR for both legs, and eventually it did. Then I double dipped with the AARP and Chase discounts (almost worth it to have both even if you just fly BA once or twice a year). With more competition, fares to Europe are better. It is so nice going straight from and back to AUS.
This probably isn't the place for it, and we may have already spoken about this, but where are you? We just put in an offer on a place near where 1st and 1626 intersect.

We can move the conversation to my Austin House Hunt thread if needed.

Moving to Austin
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

This probably isn't the place for it, and we may have already spoken about this, but where are you? We just put in an offer on a place near where 1st and 1626 intersect.

We can move the conversation to my Austin House Hunt thread if needed.

Moving to Austin
Oh cool! I rarely visit the TR forum; I'll have to take a look. Looks like you'll be very south, almost in Buda I'm very far north...

I live kind of close to Ikea. Off of FM/RM 1431, about halfway between the I-35 and Parmer. Although there is a back way from our neighborhood to FM 2243, which saves a ton of time if going to Georgetown, or anywhere north.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:41 pm

Oh cool! I rarely visit the TR forum; I'll have to take a look. Looks like you'll be very south, almost in Buda I'm very far north...

I live kind of close to Ikea. Off of FM/RM 1431, about halfway between the I-35 and Parmer. Although there is a back way from our neighborhood to FM 2243, which saves a ton of time if going to Georgetown, or anywhere north.
Still an Austin address though, it backs up to Mary Moore Searight Park I have a buddy from grad school that lived near I-35 and Parmer and now he's near I-35 and Braker in Windsor Hills.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
At least before COVID, fares were significantly less if you started/ended at AUS, even if you connected to the same long-haul flights at DFW. I remember flying AUS-DFW-PEK for like $600 round-trip, and just the DFW-PEK round trip was closer to $1000.
Ya, I've done a few Megabus trips from Dallas Metroplex to AUS for some cheap fares; of course that is over five years ago.

And having flown out of IAH for 15 years I am all too familiar with the hub penalty - or as (IIRC Larry Kelner or his successor at one of the Continental Airlines DOs at IAH) called it, nonstop premium.

So I did AUS-IAH-BOG and DAL-IAH-MNG on CO and somehow managed to forget to get on board of connecting flight after clearing customs / immigration at IAH WN to "originating" airports.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Still an Austin address though, it backs up to Mary Moore Searight Park I have a buddy from grad school that lived near I-35 and Parmer and now he's near I-35 and Braker in Windsor Hills.
Did you post to Austin Reddit? I see a post there about someone who moved 4 days ago and what they think...
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:04 pm

Did you post to Austin Reddit? I see a post there about someone who moved 4 days ago and what they think...
I'm not a Reddit user so that wasn't me.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Saw this on the AUS twitter:
We had an unexpected but exciting visitor yesterday!
@Qantas
made a diversion from
@DFWAirport
. Fun Fact: AUS receives more diversions than any other airport in the nation!
I'm sure those diversions are when weather happens at either DFW or IAH, or sometimes both

lakeflyer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:59 am

The most in the nation comment surprises me, but during my work travels to SAT, they would always get diversions so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:57 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
The most in the nation comment surprises me, but during my work travels to SAT, they would always get diversions so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Since this came up, now remember a diversion on CO (PMCO) to AUS a (IIRC) about couple of decades ago. We refueled, they allowed (quite a few) pax to deplance if they didn't have checked luggage. And since I was #1 on u/g list, got to fly in FC on the hop (back) to Houston after someone stayed in Austin.

Lots of grumbling when we landed, as IAH was DRY, no puddles, no signs of rain. Though one could see weather all around when we were circling IAH an hour earlier.
aztimm likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.