Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

International to Domestic Transfer at IAH

Old Dec 4, 16, 9:51 am
Original Poster

I recently flew from Guatemala through IAH and onto DFW. In doing this, I was forced through security after re-checking my bag on to DFW and this checkpoint did not have TSA Pre-check availible. The long line almost caused me to miss my connection and I began wondering.

Is it possible to re-check your bag, and instead of continuing on through to security turn around and go upstairs to international departures and go through the security line there with TSA pre-check to save some time?

Has anybody done this, or is this just not an option?
Old Dec 4, 16, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by fight4oku View Post
Is it possible to re-check your bag, and instead of continuing on through to security turn around and go upstairs to international departures and go through the security line there with TSA pre-check to save some time?

Has anybody done this, or is this just not an option?
Yes, while I've never done it since I live in Houston, you can. It's actually fairly well documented in the United forum, there's even a map in the wiki of this thread with arrows and everything.

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH
Old Dec 4, 16, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Yes, while I've never done it since I live in Houston, you can. It's actually fairly well documented in the United forum, there's even a map in the wiki of this thread with arrows and everything.

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH
Thanks for linking the information. I guess my idea was correct and already clearly thought through in the past.

Search this Thread