Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Texas-themed gifts at DFW?

Old Mar 5, 16, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Gold, Southwest/CP

I'm flying out of DFW to Europe on Monday and want to take some various Texas-themed gifts to people: some of those giant jellybeans, maybe some nuts, Texas chocolates, etc. as long as it says Texas on it.

I've been trying to figure out some cool local places to get stuff here in Dallas but honestly not finding that much (I guess since I'm not in touristy areas). However, I am 100% sure DFW will have a bunch of stuff like that in the gift shops there. I'm just wondering if the prices are crazy and I should make more of an effort to find stuff before I get there, or if it could make sense to buy there.

Has anyone looked at that stuff recently and remember seeing any particular items/prices there? Or, if you happen to be in DFW in the next 24 hours or so and don't mind looking inside one of those places, I'd definitely appreciate a few data points on some of those types of items.

Thank you!
Old Mar 5, 16, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond; National Executive Elite
Yes, DFW has some shops with the typical touristy gifts - exactly as you have mentioned. The prices are not that much more than you would pay in any similar type gift shop, IMHO.

Search this Thread