FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Hotel for Houston Layover (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1749158-hotel-houston-layover.html)

FlyerTalker678 Feb 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Hotel for Houston Layover

I figure this is the best forum to start this thread in. I have a 18 hour layover in IAH next month. Looking for a cheap hotel ideally with views of the airport or at least approach path. Don't want to spend much more than $100. Does anyone have suggestions'?

JOSECONLSCREW28 Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Vuzuggu (Post 26244254)
I figure this is the best forum to start this thread in. I have a 18 hour layover in IAH next month. Looking for a cheap hotel ideally with views of the airport or at least approach path. Don't want to spend much more than $100. Does anyone have suggestions'?

The IAH Marriott between Terminals B & C.

mduell Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm

The Marriott

Hipplewm Feb 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 26244373)
The IAH Marriott between Terminals B & C.

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 26244375)
The Marriott

DITTO

FlyerTalker678 Feb 26, 2016 4:03 am

Thanks for the advice however the Marriott is significantly more expensive than I can afford. Its coming out at around 250 when I only really have 100.

FlyerTalker678 Feb 27, 2016 10:50 am

Are there any other hotels that would be around the 100 mark? The Marriott does look very good but its just out of my price range.

krazykanuck Feb 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Vuzuggu (Post 26252392)
Are there any other hotels that would be around the 100 mark? The Marriott does look very good but its just out of my price range.

There are lots of budget options around IAH, but the Marriott is the only one actually on airport property. Shouldn't have much difficulty finding a room under $100. I just took this from Google Maps.

http://i.imgur.com/ArBMPBC.png

EmailKid Feb 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 26257672)
There are lots of budget options around IAH, but the Marriott is the only one actually on airport property. Shouldn't have much difficulty finding a room under $100.

Yup, lots of choices around IAH under a hundred. Look to properties east of airport, you should get a good look at landing if wind blows in the right direction. The takoff tends to take the other two runways, usually to southeast, again depending on wind.

Quite a few newish properties along Will Clayton (IIRC, too lazy to look up & confirm street name).

cur Mar 8, 2016 12:23 pm

you're not going to find a hotel around traffic other than the marriott or the hotels onjfk. but a lot of approaches tend to come over us59 where there are no hotels. i stay at the sheraton sometimes and you'll see departures banking right over the outdoor pool, it's nice.

BUT there is an ice house on greens rd right near approach of 33 L, called MJ Drive Inn or something, worth checking out. friendly people and $6 pitchers, if i have 3-4 hour layovers in houston i always stop by

I_Can_Fly_US_Airways Mar 8, 2016 12:41 pm

The Wingate Inn is a favorite of mine (-:

nonesuch flyer Apr 19, 2016 3:12 pm

The Sheraton is a good option especially if you have status with SPG. prices often below $100 (if you can use Senior, AAA or some other discount plan), but can be high if Hotel is nearly full.

xxwerftxx May 8, 2016 9:06 pm

There are some good hotels for a decent price but these hotels are off airport property but not far from IAH.I think some of them do have free shuttle service between the airport and hotel you would have to look on their hotel amenities. Here are some options: Ramada, La Quinta(IAH South on JFK Blvd), Red Roof, and Hampton Inn. All are located on JFK Blvd not a far drive to one these hotels. Do not stay over by the Greenspoint area(Bad Area).

roadwarrier Nov 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks for all the advice here - I was also looking for a place for one night - may settle on HI Express. (I need to keep points from expiring - hence my choice).

But will heed the info from xxwerftxx about a bad area before I commit - many thanks!

Bonehead Dec 3, 2016 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by roadwarrier (Post 27543550)
Thanks for all the advice here - I was also looking for a place for one night - may settle on HI Express. (I need to keep points from expiring - hence my choice).

But will heed the info from xxwerftxx about a bad area before I commit - many thanks!

Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.

EmailKid Dec 3, 2016 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bonehead (Post 27561078)
Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.

I am not sure those hotels even have shuttles, FWIW.