Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel for Houston Layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just as a PSA, the Hilton Houston North currently has some absurdly low prepaid rates through the holiday season. I'm seeing as low as $52 for some midweek nights and a bit higher into the $70s for flexible rates and weekends but easily the least expensive hotel in the area for a full line hotel.

Property is a bit further as it's in Greenspoint but has a shuttle to/from IAH.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.
Thanks for that. "Gunspoint" Will avoid.

@krazykanuck thanks for that.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Just as a PSA, the Hilton Houston North currently has some absurdly low prepaid rates through the holiday season. I'm seeing as low as $52 for some midweek nights...
I'm usually not one to self quote, but I wound up booking one of these nights, $61 ai. Reason being I have a very early flight ex-IAH for family Christmas and I really didn't want to wake up *that* early, or more importantly, try to find an Uber at 5am. Also, since an Uber from my house to IAH is $40-45 and I can get to this Hilton via public transit relatively easily and for basically free, the cost difference is almost nothing. Plus I'll earn 8-9k HH points by stacking their various promos.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.
Originally Posted by EmailKid
I am not sure those hotels even have shuttles, FWIW.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Just as a PSA, the Hilton Houston North currently has some absurdly low prepaid rates through the holiday season. I'm seeing as low as $52 for some midweek nights and a bit higher into the $70s for flexible rates and weekends but easily the least expensive hotel in the area for a full line hotel.

Property is a bit further as it's in Greenspoint but has a shuttle to/from IAH.
For Marriott'ers, there's the Houston Marriott North in the same area (actually shares the shuttle with Hilton), and quite a bit cheaper than the one in IAH, though obviously not nearly as convenient. I've stayed at the Marriott, and both it and the Hilton are in corporate suburbia, just don't wander away if you stay there, especially west towards the mall.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by garkster
For Marriott'ers, there's the Houston Marriott North in the same area (actually shares the shuttle with Hilton),
That's quite a hike from IAH - maybe why they have a shared shuttle.

That's good to know, as I have layovers at IAH every once in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.