Austin Weekend Trip

Old Feb 4, 16, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Delta GM, Marriott PLT Elite
Austin Weekend Trip

Thinking about taking a weekend trip to Austin at the end of March. Any hotel recommendations or things to do? Thinking about the Four Seasons, W, or the Lake Austin Resort. Thanks for the input!
Old Feb 4, 16, 9:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Do you have any hotel chains you prefer to earn/burn with?

There's tons of properties all over town. Generally downtown is the most expensive. If you're willing to drive, you can possibly find something for about $100/night.

I'd make a reservation you can cancel ASAP, as that is a pretty popular time here.
Old Feb 4, 16, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD
What are you looking to do in Austin?
Lake Austin is nice but a little far away. Wonderful spa though!
Out of the Four Seasons and the W, W is newer and a lot nicer. I'd recommend it if you're looking to experience "Downtown" Austin.
Old Feb 5, 16, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Delta GM, Marriott PLT Elite
Thanks

Yeah we are looking at doing some relaxing in the daytime, that's why I was leaning towards the spa. At night we are open to trying new local restaurants and see what the local night life is like.

I currently have 500K+ Marriott points to spend, and have gold status with them.
Old Feb 11, 16, 4:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by rfett2 View Post
Yeah we are looking at doing some relaxing in the daytime, that's why I was leaning towards the spa. At night we are open to trying new local restaurants and see what the local night life is like.

I currently have 500K+ Marriott points to spend, and have gold status with them.
Based on your points and status, JW Marriott is right downtown, walking distance from 6th Street and tons of bars/restaurants.

Search this Thread