FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Houston / IAH Admiral's club or other (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1713380-houston-iah-admirals-club-other.html)

Jonesdds Sep 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Houston / IAH Admiral's club or other

So is there an Admiral's club in Houston, George Bush? Searched and found one thread that ended last year, wasn't one then, anything changed?

I have an Admiral's club membership by having the AAdvantage Exec card by Citi. If there's not a club is there another lounge that allows AA passengers, domestic economy passengers?

Priority Pass is another option at times, I think Alaska clubs allow that or Admiral's members.

Wish there was a Centurion, that would always be my first choice.

worldwidedreamer Sep 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Priority Pass works with both the AF and KL lounges at IAH; both are quite lovely.

AlwaysAisle Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm

You can always look up AA.com for the locations of Admirals Clubs. :D :cool:

AF/KL lounge at IAH is located at Terminal D where AA is at Terminal A. You can go between Terminal A and Terminal D using SkyWay train in secure side of the terminal. However, unless you have a lot of time before the flight I do not think going between Terminal A and Terminal D is worth the trip.

IAH used to be my home airport for two years. I did not go all the way to Terminal D or Terminal E area unless I had more than an hour to kill before my AA flight out of Terminal A. Once I was flying IAH-ORD-LHR as EXP in business class. I got to IAH little early because I had time, went to Terminal D attempted entry to BA lounge and I was politely denied. :(

UNITED959 Sep 29, 2015 2:43 pm

It's (fortunately) been a year since I've had to travel through AA's part of IAH, but it was a colossal dump then, and no AC.

I'd try to time my airport arrival down to the minute so I wouldn't have to spend any more time than necessary in that awful airport. (Or if work takes you to Houston, I found Hobby to be a much nicer experience, even if it meant an ERJ and a stop at DFW.)

JDiver Sep 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Per aa.com and the LOUNGE DASHBOARD sticky, there is no Admirals Club in IAH / Bush Intercontinental Airport.

We will move this to the Texas forum as it's about lounges at IAH, not AA.

/Moderator

FlyingHoustonian Sep 29, 2015 6:31 pm

It does not help you now but...there are rumours that one will be re-opened in terminal A at some point. Terminal A has been refurbished and there is a biz lounge in A south but I am not sure of the membership rules. UA, of course, has one in every terminal but D.

The post security skytrain will run you from A to D, as others have noted. You must walk from the train to A south past the window walls, piano, and floor chess and checkers.

Jonesdds Sep 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 25495150)
You can always look up AA.com for the locations of Admirals Clubs. :D :cool:

AF/KL lounge at IAH is located at Terminal D where AA is at Terminal A. You can go between Terminal A and Terminal D using SkyWay train in secure side of the terminal. However, unless you have a lot of time before the flight I do not think going between Terminal A and Terminal D is worth the trip.

IAH used to be my home airport for two years. I did not go all the way to Terminal D or Terminal E area unless I had more than an hour to kill before my AA flight out of Terminal A. Once I was flying IAH-ORD-LHR as EXP in business class. I got to IAH little early because I had time, went to Terminal D attempted entry to BA lounge and I was politely denied. :(

Thanks for the information. I wonder what the AF/KL lounge hours are for priority pass members? Been down this route before in Phoenix, apparently Priority Pass only until 3:30 then British Airways only. I will be arriving pretty early most likely as the meetings I have end around 1 pm and flight at 6 so may be worthwhile. Will have 3 staff with me so I'll have to see that the entry rules are as well, I assume they won't let 3 additional....I wondered if I was just missing something on AA's site on Admiral's club locations.

I assume my abundance of UA free passes that I'll never use will do no good without a boarding pass showing a UA flight.....

krazykanuck Oct 8, 2015 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 25496633)
Thanks for the information. I wonder what the AF/KL lounge hours are for priority pass members? Been down this route before in Phoenix, apparently Priority Pass only until 3:30 then British Airways only. I will be arriving pretty early most likely as the meetings I have end around 1 pm and flight at 6 so may be worthwhile. Will have 3 staff with me so I'll have to see that the entry rules are as well, I assume they won't let 3 additional....I wondered if I was just missing something on AA's site on Admiral's club locations.

I assume my abundance of UA free passes that I'll never use will do no good without a boarding pass showing a UA flight.....

The KLM lounge is open all day and doesn't have any specific hours they won't allow PP card holders in, though some IAH flyertalkers have reported being turned away at peak hours. YMMV.

As for the UA passes, I used 2 last year while travelling on AA flights. If you read the T&Cs, you don't technically have to be on a UA flight. :D

FFlash Oct 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 25495150)

I found the SkyWay very easy and fast. I would say it takes you maximum 10 minutes to get from AF/KLM lounge to A gates so it is doable. I was also surprised that you can take that train between international airside and domestic, I am just not used to that in Europe where it is not allowed (passport control ex-EU). And the AF/KLM lounge was not actually bad IMO.
I also asked the BA lounge dragon if they allow OneWorld visitors and she said no, only BA flights, but then corrected that only AA First class international pax are allowed to enter (:confused: does AA have international flights from there really?).

SFO_FT Mar 9, 2016 5:46 pm

Anyone heard rumors of when the Adm Club at IAH will be opening?

EmailKid Mar 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 25634490)
I was also surprised that you can take that train between international airside and domestic, I am just not used to that in Europe where it is not allowed (passport control ex-EU).

It is like that for most of US. They will check passport (or appropriate document + visa if needed) before you are allowed on a plane.

Most all of UA's international departures leave from Term B, C and E - only a handful leave from D.

krazykanuck Mar 12, 2016 12:24 am

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 26310003)
Anyone heard rumors of when the Adm Club at IAH will be opening?

I don't think AA has announced the open date, beyond sometime in 2016.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/airportAndLo...ng-lounges.jsp

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 26319750)
It is like that for most of US. They will check passport (or appropriate document + visa if needed) before you are allowed on a plane.

Most all of UA's international departures leave from Term B, C and E - only a handful leave from D.

I'd edit to say that most leave from C/E. D is virtually all non-US airlines. B might have UAX flight to Canada (because for god unknown reason UA thinks a regional jet is a great plane to fly 1300 miles....) but that's it in my experience.

EmailKid Mar 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 26321301)
I'd edit to say that most leave from C/E. D is virtually all non-US airlines. B might have UAX flight to Canada (because for god unknown reason UA thinks a regional jet is a great plane to fly 1300 miles....) but that's it in my experience.

Don't forget all the pueblos in Mexico ;) @:-)

Lots of RJs on those routes, and while I believe they use mostly B, I've seen them load in D as well. Don't know about arrivals. Obviously not in B or C.

mach92 Sep 6, 2016 2:58 am

Update on open?

FlyingHoustonian Sep 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by mach92 (Post 27171522)
Update on open?

"late 2016" is what AA is saying so I'd presume before Christmas.
I have not been over in terminal A south in some time; has anyone been there lately to see if something is under construction?