Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Flying Weekly for a new job from AUS

Old Sep 22, 15, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Early Returns, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue

I know people have their preferences but my brother is moving to Austin and will be traveling for work weekly. He could also fly from SAT since he's going to be in the San Marcos area but from what I understand it doesn't offer any better flights and can be expensive. Alot of his clients will be in the Southern Central US (TX,OK,AR,MO,NM) but some might be other places. The way I see it he has 3 options

1. Southwest: Southwest offers nonstops to 10+ cities from Austin and connections close by via DAL and HOU. He would likely earn a companion pass so that would be a nice perk.

2. American: Primarily alot of service via a short hop to DFW. However he might get stuck on RJs Though First Class is a possibility but short flights could make this less attractive.

3. United: Should offer many connections in the area via IAH, same issues apply that AA had.
Old Sep 23, 15, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
We live sort of equidistant from AUS and SAT and prefer AUS. SAT is such a dull airport. Plenty of parking options at AUS and they have a great cell phone waiting lot with air conditioned restrooms and snacks available.

I usually fly UA, and sometimes AA. The Admiral's Club at AUS in better than the United Club. I don't think SAT has either. That's if your brother uses clubs.
Old Sep 26, 15, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
SAT has a (very very small) UC.

I don't know what AA's schedule is out like out of SAT but UA does offer some mainline service. Both are in the newer of the two terminals.
Old Sep 27, 15, 6:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
SAT has a (very very small) UC.

I don't know what AA's schedule is out like out of SAT but UA does offer some mainline service. Both are in the newer of the two terminals.
SAT indeed has a UC, and with nice views IIRC.

It's been a LOOOOONG time ago since I've been to AUS, so long ago that it was still President's Club. Seem to recall it looking much more modern.

Search this Thread