Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austin: Restaurant recommendations near JW Marriott / downtown

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Austin: Restaurant recommendations near JW Marriott / downtown

Greetings all.

I have a week at the new JW Marriott coming up in June. I will not have a car.

Looking for some good / unique places easily accessible in the area for lunches and dinners. I especially enjoy small, "hole-in-the-wall" ethnic places where good food is more important then appearance. I am not opposed to walking nor using public transport if it is worthwhile.

I will probably have a couple of dinners with colleagues, so some more traditional places with very good food would also be needed.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. I have had GREAT success with FT recommendations in Chicago so hopefully the FTers with knowledge of Austin are just as generous.

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Austin Eats

We were looking for a place late Sunday night before dropping off one of our party near the University and found http://www.freedmensbar.com/food. Our group was pleasantly surprised. Good food and atmosphere, albeit not right down by the river.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.