Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

DFW Airport - What to expect when deplaning from Int'l. arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Hey Guys

I have a few questions and I was wondering if someone can give me some advice based on your experience.

I will be flying into Dallas by Emirates on a Business Class Ticket.
My question is this. How long a wait to expect before I am out of the airport. Do they have Priority Lines for Business Class travelers like other countries.

Before you answer my question, please consider the following. It will be a Sunday (So I am guessing, more Rush) and that I am a Muslim. :-)

Thanks
Old May 8, 2015, 11:19 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
brokbod, welcome to FlyerTalk. I'll move this to the dedicated forum on Texas for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Welcome to Texas. We are pleased you are visiting us.

My experience is as a US citizen. The last two times I went through we arrived after everyone else, as my wife walks really slowly due to bad knees. The lines for non US citizens were all full, but moving at a constant rate. I had time to watch this as my wife rested. I could not say how long it took. It did not seem to be very slow. We used one of the kiosks. There was no line for them. It took longer to read the instructions than it did to complete the process. These are a great invention.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
There are no priority customs lines, actually I'm not aware of priority customs lines at any US airport. Maybe I've just never noticed.

As for wait times, the weekends haven't been horrible IME. It seems to be more crowded during the week, especially with biz travelers. I use Global Entry, but I notice the lines on my way out.

I would count on it taking about 45 min to an hour from the plane to outside, although it could take up to an hour and half to two if things are crazy. If I recall though, doesn't the Emirates flight get in early in the morning? If that's the case, it shouldn't be too bad, especially on a Sunday.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Agree with Longhorn11 - The wait times are not too bad. There are machines that speed things along. I would expect to take about 30-45 min for getting through customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.