Wiki Posts
Search

AUSTIN City Limits and Zilker Park and Public Trans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
Cool AUSTIN City Limits and Zilker Park and Public Trans

Putting together a much anticipated trip to AUS.

Would any one have a comment on staying with an air bnb/VRBO (vacation house rental) versus a hotel close to the ACL(Z Park)? They are more or less same price.

Holiday Inn does offer free airport shuttle service, and it appears to be close to the park where ACL takes place. Have you had an experiences there, and how were they?

I reviewed the public trans, and it seems set up like a zipper, just hauling people N/S.
Has this been useful on your exploration of Austin?

It doesn't seem to have a stop near Z. Park. Or maybe my skills at reading metro lines are rusty.

Shall I buy a pass for shopping, eating out, and sight seeing within downtown Austin or just use a car service?

Speaking of car service..Which is predominant:
Lyft, Sidecar, or Uber?

Thank you so very much in advance.
Stay weird always.

Thank you in advance, I am doing a plethora of research , but respect this forum and the quality of the advice given.

Last edited by sydneysandiego; Apr 19, 2015 at 1:08 am
Old May 14, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Have you already booked your trip?

The closest hotel to zilker is probably the Hyatt. Either way you'll probably want to take one of the free shuttles to ACL, it definitely is not walking distance.
See if you can find where the free shuttle pick up is this year. usually it is at 4th and guadalupe at republic square park. If you do that, then that opens lots of hotel options downtown - Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott, W, etc
I've stayed at the holiday inn before. It's average. There's definitely nicer hotels plus the holiday inn is a hike to downtown.
Uber and Lyft are in Austin but during big weekends like ACL the rates are $$$ Taxi's are hard to find.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:47 pm

Yeah, the free shuttle is good, but the lines get very long. The lines are always kinda fun and move quickly since they have a ton of buses dedicated, but it's still a ton of people using them. Other options are pedicab and you can bike. I've actually walked it from downtown before, so I guess it just depends on your fitness level and tolerance for walking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.