Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

DFW 1 day parking Express North - is this my best option?

Old Mar 18, 15, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I am flying out of Terminal E in the morning, and my wife is flying into Terminal A or C in the evening. My plan is to drive to DFW, leave the car, and then have her land, and drive it home.

I am leaning towards Express North over termianl daily parking, since my wife sometimes finds it hard to find the car in a parking deck, and one of us will need to change terminals anyway. She will take 121N when leaving DFW.

Is Express North my best option?

Is there a problem if my wife doesn't have a location ticket to give to the driver when arriving?

What time should I get to Express North for a 7.30am departure? I am flying Delta First.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 15, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by bmchris View Post
I am flying out of Terminal E in the morning, and my wife is flying into Terminal A or C in the evening. My plan is to drive to DFW, leave the car, and then have her land, and drive it home.

I am leaning towards Express North over termianl daily parking, since my wife sometimes finds it hard to find the car in a parking deck, and one of us will need to change terminals anyway. She will take 121N when leaving DFW.

Is Express North my best option?

Is there a problem if my wife doesn't have a location ticket to give to the driver when arriving?

What time should I get to Express North for a 7.30am departure? I am flying Delta First.

Thanks!
Either Express should work, and I agree that's the easiest for your circumstance. Check availability before you leave at https://www.dfwairport.com/parking/a...lity/index.php (North sometimes fills up,especially the uncovered; South always has space).

She should be OK without the ticket; to be safe, take a pic of the ticket with your phone and email/message that to her to show the driver.

I usually allow 15 minutes from driving into the lot to arrival at the terminal (to park, wait for shuttle, pick up other passengers, and the drive) but it's usually more like 5 to 10.
Old Mar 18, 15, 6:48 pm

Maybe park in Express South to make it quicker for you in the morning.

I don't ever use Express (I do Terminal or Parking Spot), but DFW just said that they added dedicated Terminal E parking at Express South and shuttles for that section that only run between Express South and Terminal E, and I assume more frequently. I think they did this as they removed the middle third of Terminal parking at E to rebuild the garage.

If you park at North, you will be on a shuttle that will make multiple stops and take longer, so E should get you in and out faster with this.
Old Mar 18, 15, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by wcj1 View Post
Maybe park in Express South to make it quicker for you in the morning.

I don't ever use Express (I do Terminal or Parking Spot), but DFW just said that they added dedicated Terminal E parking at Express South and shuttles for that section that only run between Express South and Terminal E, and I assume more frequently. I think they did this as they removed the middle third of Terminal parking at E to rebuild the garage.

If you park at North, you will be on a shuttle that will make multiple stops and take longer, so E should get you in and out faster with this.
That's not true, both North and South Express run separate buses for each terminal. North may be a couple of minutes further drive to E, but the number of stops should be the same. You'll stop only to pick up another driver parked in the same aisle also going to E, and then at the 2 or 3 drop points at E.

The off-site lots like Parking Spot do run one bus stopping at all terminals; that's one reason I'll pay a bit more to park Express.
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:51 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had never really thought about it before, but when they made the announcement that they had sectioned off part of Express South for Terminal E and had a specific shuttle for it, I thought it was at least like Remote which had at least two terminals per shuttle when I used it last.
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It might make sense to take an airport hotel with free parking and free shuttle service to/from the terminal, especially if you can find a good rate and need the night/stay credit for status or some promo. You could even use the room, either to avoid a crack of dawn drive to the airport, to enable your wife to nap or stay the night after her trip, or even just as a place to shower, relax, or work in an quiet and private place.

Search this Thread