FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Looking for car rental agency near a DFW hotel with a shuttle? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1623023-looking-car-rental-agency-near-dfw-hotel-shuttle.html)

cblaisd Oct 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Looking for car rental agency near a DFW hotel with a shuttle?

Getting in the late evening.... Taxes and fees for a DFW rental car are more than the rental itself. Is there an agency that's in or walkable the next morning from a DFW hotel that has an airport shuttle? Prefer Hertz/Avis/Budget/National.

wcj1 Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

DFW North Marriott and the Gaylord Texan look to be Hertz locations.

Another HLE location at 3401 West Airport Freeway, Irving which is across from Irving Mall and the hotels in that area (i.e. near the south airport entrance), although not necessarily walkable. There is an Avis at Irving Mall proper for another option.

cblaisd Oct 24, 2014 11:54 am

Thank you!

Originally Posted by wcj1 (Post 23728497)
Another HLE location at 3401 West Airport Freeway, Irving which is across from Irving Mall and the hotels in that area

It looks like the Hawthorne Suites might be very easily walkable?

The Marriott ones are way too pricey for my budget for this trip!

wcj1 Oct 24, 2014 6:57 pm

It looks to be. I haven't paid attention to either the Hertz or the Hawthorne Suites, but I know that is a Target between them, so the walk is basically only the width of a department store. And while Belt Line is a busy street, there are traffic lights that you could cross at to get over to Irving Mall and the Avis, which is on the side of the mall towards Belt Line.

Also, I know some hotels on the north side will run shuttles to the airport and a 2 mile radius, so if the Hawthorne Suites does not work out, others might.

That reminds me, I know for a fact that the Courtyard DFW North on Regent Blvd does a 2 mile radius and that Marriott is 1.5 miles away. My office is across the highway and we've been using the property regularly lately since we are within the radius and it is a newer property. There is not really anything around the Courtyard, compared to the Hawthorne though, if that matters.

willcoop Dec 9, 2014 3:37 pm

Take a Supershuttle. Ask for Hawthorne Suites instead of the Hertz at booking and you get a better rate because it's a hotel. Then when you get close to the destination just tell the driver to drop you in the mall parking lot near the Hertz. I used to do this every week when I commuted to DFW on my own dime because the Hertz off airport is loads cheaper. Only one time did the driver complain that I had said Hawthorne but he reconsidered since he wanted his tip.

There is also an Avis at the Wingate by Wyndham at Las Colinas on West Walnut Hill Ln. The hotel has a free shuttle but if you call to request it they will ask for a reservation. I think I might have gotten away with it once the week before the Super Bowl in 2011 but only used it because Hertz was booked out. But you might have to SuperShuttle that also unless you can flag down the shuttle (YMMV).